Dec 7, 2011, 11:34 AM EDT
The logjam of defensemen in Ottawa gets a temporary solution thanks to Filip Kuba‘s shoulder injury. NHL.com’s Erin Nicks reports that Kuba will be out 3-4 weeks with a left shoulder injury. He won’t be getting surgery on it and that’s helping speed up his potential return.
Ottawa has been cycling through its defensive pairings lately with David Rundblad and Brian Lee popping in and out of the lineup. With Kuba out that situation gets solved temporarily. Matt Carkner‘s return to action, perhaps as soon as this weekend, will again make things tough for coach Paul MacLean.
Ottawa isn’t lacking in defensive options and Kuba has seemed like a square peg the last year or so. Seeing how the Senators perform without him may help determine what happens with him when he gets back.
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 4
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 5
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 59
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 4
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 58
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)