Dec 7, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
According to Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, Wild GM Chuck Fletcher has confirmed LW Devin Setoguchi is out with a lower-body injury.
And based on Russo’s observations, the injury could be serious.
“Setoguchi looks like he suffered a serious right leg injury,” Russo wrote. “I think knee, but we will see. He was wearing a soft cast on his right leg under his pants after the game, limping badly and being consoled by folks.”
Setoguchi left last night’s 2-1 win over San Jose in the first period and didn’t return to the contest.
In addition, Russo noted Setoguchi had been “limping since the Anaheim game” — the Wild played the Ducks on Sunday — and definitely won’t be in the lineup when Minnesota plays in L.A. tomorrow night. Colton Gillies will draw into the lineup at his replacement.
I’d say losing Setoguchi will hurt the Wild, but I’m not sure anything actually hurts the Wild. They’re tops in the NHL despite a rash of injuries and basically did the business last night with smoke and mirrors. They were without Setoguchi, Marek Zidlicky, Guillaume Latendresse, Justin Faulk and both their regular goalies, Niklas Backstrom (groin) and Josh Harding (who left the game with an injury)…yet still managed to win their fifth straight.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 6
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 33
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 28
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 9
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (106)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (91)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)