Dec 7, 2011, 2:48 PM EDT
According to Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, Wild GM Chuck Fletcher has confirmed LW Devin Setoguchi is out with a lower-body injury.
And based on Russo’s observations, the injury could be serious.
“Setoguchi looks like he suffered a serious right leg injury,” Russo wrote. “I think knee, but we will see. He was wearing a soft cast on his right leg under his pants after the game, limping badly and being consoled by folks.”
Setoguchi left last night’s 2-1 win over San Jose in the first period and didn’t return to the contest.
In addition, Russo noted Setoguchi had been “limping since the Anaheim game” — the Wild played the Ducks on Sunday — and definitely won’t be in the lineup when Minnesota plays in L.A. tomorrow night. Colton Gillies will draw into the lineup at his replacement.
I’d say losing Setoguchi will hurt the Wild, but I’m not sure anything actually hurts the Wild. They’re tops in the NHL despite a rash of injuries and basically did the business last night with smoke and mirrors. They were without Setoguchi, Marek Zidlicky, Guillaume Latendresse, Justin Faulk and both their regular goalies, Niklas Backstrom (groin) and Josh Harding (who left the game with an injury)…yet still managed to win their fifth straight.
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 12
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 11
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 39
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 7
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Of course: ‘Hawks, Ducks’ back-and-forth series is going to Game 7 49
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 6 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)