Dec 7, 2011, 2:48 PM EST
According to Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, Wild GM Chuck Fletcher has confirmed LW Devin Setoguchi is out with a lower-body injury.
And based on Russo’s observations, the injury could be serious.
“Setoguchi looks like he suffered a serious right leg injury,” Russo wrote. “I think knee, but we will see. He was wearing a soft cast on his right leg under his pants after the game, limping badly and being consoled by folks.”
Setoguchi left last night’s 2-1 win over San Jose in the first period and didn’t return to the contest.
In addition, Russo noted Setoguchi had been “limping since the Anaheim game” — the Wild played the Ducks on Sunday — and definitely won’t be in the lineup when Minnesota plays in L.A. tomorrow night. Colton Gillies will draw into the lineup at his replacement.
I’d say losing Setoguchi will hurt the Wild, but I’m not sure anything actually hurts the Wild. They’re tops in the NHL despite a rash of injuries and basically did the business last night with smoke and mirrors. They were without Setoguchi, Marek Zidlicky, Guillaume Latendresse, Justin Faulk and both their regular goalies, Niklas Backstrom (groin) and Josh Harding (who left the game with an injury)…yet still managed to win their fifth straight.
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 71
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 3
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 11
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 87
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 83
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 68
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty 172
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 17
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (172)
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (89)
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand (88)
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) (83)
- Bruins’ Kelly out with broken ankle after Dupuis slash (80)