Dec 7, 2011, 2:48 PM EST
According to Mike Russo of the Minnesota Star-Tribune, Wild GM Chuck Fletcher has confirmed LW Devin Setoguchi is out with a lower-body injury.
And based on Russo’s observations, the injury could be serious.
“Setoguchi looks like he suffered a serious right leg injury,” Russo wrote. “I think knee, but we will see. He was wearing a soft cast on his right leg under his pants after the game, limping badly and being consoled by folks.”
Setoguchi left last night’s 2-1 win over San Jose in the first period and didn’t return to the contest.
In addition, Russo noted Setoguchi had been “limping since the Anaheim game” — the Wild played the Ducks on Sunday — and definitely won’t be in the lineup when Minnesota plays in L.A. tomorrow night. Colton Gillies will draw into the lineup at his replacement.
I’d say losing Setoguchi will hurt the Wild, but I’m not sure anything actually hurts the Wild. They’re tops in the NHL despite a rash of injuries and basically did the business last night with smoke and mirrors. They were without Setoguchi, Marek Zidlicky, Guillaume Latendresse, Justin Faulk and both their regular goalies, Niklas Backstrom (groin) and Josh Harding (who left the game with an injury)…yet still managed to win their fifth straight.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)