Dec 7, 2011, 8:52 PM EDT
It seemed like David Booth was finding his footing with the Vancouver Canucks, but he’ll instead find himself on the sidelines following an ugly knee-to-knee hit by Kevin Porter. Dan Murphy reports that Booth will miss 4-6 weeks with an MCL sprain.
Booth seemed like he was developing some chemistry with Christopher Higgins and Ryan Kesler on the “American Express Line,” as he scored three points in the game before he was injured. Things aren’t looking up anymore as it appears that Booth and Higgins (foot infection) won’t be able to suit up for the Canucks for some time.
Porter is likely to have a talk with Brendan Shanahan after that hit, so Booth’s lengthy injury won’t help his cause. Officials gave Porter a five-minute major (kneeing) and game misconduct for his actions. Porter recently discussed that check with Mike Chambers of The Denver Post.
“It was an unfortunate play,” Porter said. “I felt I was leading into the hit, and he tried to make a move around me . . . We hit knee-on-knee and he took the worst of it. I hope he’s alright.”
Feel free to discuss the hit in detail here. Check out the video below if you want another look at the check.
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 24
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 21
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 26
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 27
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 9
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 39
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- Pressing question: Can the Blues get back on track? 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension 91
- Sabres, Panthers have best odds for 2014 NHL draft lottery 16
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- Halak’s agent ‘bewildered’ by Oates’ remarks prior to Blues game (51)
- Here’s the schedule for the first round of the 2014 playoffs (51)