Dec 7, 2011, 8:52 PM EDT
It seemed like David Booth was finding his footing with the Vancouver Canucks, but he’ll instead find himself on the sidelines following an ugly knee-to-knee hit by Kevin Porter. Dan Murphy reports that Booth will miss 4-6 weeks with an MCL sprain.
Booth seemed like he was developing some chemistry with Christopher Higgins and Ryan Kesler on the “American Express Line,” as he scored three points in the game before he was injured. Things aren’t looking up anymore as it appears that Booth and Higgins (foot infection) won’t be able to suit up for the Canucks for some time.
Porter is likely to have a talk with Brendan Shanahan after that hit, so Booth’s lengthy injury won’t help his cause. Officials gave Porter a five-minute major (kneeing) and game misconduct for his actions. Porter recently discussed that check with Mike Chambers of The Denver Post.
“It was an unfortunate play,” Porter said. “I felt I was leading into the hit, and he tried to make a move around me . . . We hit knee-on-knee and he took the worst of it. I hope he’s alright.”
Feel free to discuss the hit in detail here. Check out the video below if you want another look at the check.
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 4
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 25
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 34
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 3
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 9
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 18
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)