Dec 7, 2011, 8:52 PM EST
It seemed like David Booth was finding his footing with the Vancouver Canucks, but he’ll instead find himself on the sidelines following an ugly knee-to-knee hit by Kevin Porter. Dan Murphy reports that Booth will miss 4-6 weeks with an MCL sprain.
Booth seemed like he was developing some chemistry with Christopher Higgins and Ryan Kesler on the “American Express Line,” as he scored three points in the game before he was injured. Things aren’t looking up anymore as it appears that Booth and Higgins (foot infection) won’t be able to suit up for the Canucks for some time.
Porter is likely to have a talk with Brendan Shanahan after that hit, so Booth’s lengthy injury won’t help his cause. Officials gave Porter a five-minute major (kneeing) and game misconduct for his actions. Porter recently discussed that check with Mike Chambers of The Denver Post.
“It was an unfortunate play,” Porter said. “I felt I was leading into the hit, and he tried to make a move around me . . . We hit knee-on-knee and he took the worst of it. I hope he’s alright.”
Feel free to discuss the hit in detail here. Check out the video below if you want another look at the check.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 10
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 40
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (40)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)