Dec 7, 2011, 8:52 PM EDT
It seemed like David Booth was finding his footing with the Vancouver Canucks, but he’ll instead find himself on the sidelines following an ugly knee-to-knee hit by Kevin Porter. Dan Murphy reports that Booth will miss 4-6 weeks with an MCL sprain.
Booth seemed like he was developing some chemistry with Christopher Higgins and Ryan Kesler on the “American Express Line,” as he scored three points in the game before he was injured. Things aren’t looking up anymore as it appears that Booth and Higgins (foot infection) won’t be able to suit up for the Canucks for some time.
Porter is likely to have a talk with Brendan Shanahan after that hit, so Booth’s lengthy injury won’t help his cause. Officials gave Porter a five-minute major (kneeing) and game misconduct for his actions. Porter recently discussed that check with Mike Chambers of The Denver Post.
“It was an unfortunate play,” Porter said. “I felt I was leading into the hit, and he tried to make a move around me . . . We hit knee-on-knee and he took the worst of it. I hope he’s alright.”
Feel free to discuss the hit in detail here. Check out the video below if you want another look at the check.
- Canucks ink Brandon Sutter to five-year, $21.875 million extension 18
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM 36
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 15
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 32
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Owner Pegula: Sabres have gone through ‘two of the most successful seasons we’ve ever had’ (43)
- NHL unveils ‘historic’ digital media rights deal with MLBAM (38)