Dec 7, 2011, 10:10 AM EST
We all know that Sidney Crosby is a really special player. He’s one of the best in the league, if not the best. His former teammate Maxime Talbot seems to think he’s playing alongside someone just like him in Claude Giroux.
Sound crazy? Sam Carchidi of Philly.com believes it himself but Talbot is eager to share his thoughts. Carchidi asked Talbot if it’s too early to put Giroux on Crosby’s level. His response was telling.
“No, he’s been the best in the league since the beginning of the year,” Talbot said the other day.
Not only does Talbot believe it but Hall of Famer and Flyers legend Bill Barber does too. Does that make it true though? The results are hard to argue with.
Giroux is near the top of the NHL scoring leaderboard and has easily been the Flyers’ best player and one of the best scorers in the league. All those accolades are what Crosby brings to the table for the Penguins.
Connecting the two isn’t quite as crazy as it sounds, but we’ll see how these two guys stack up against each other and through the rest of the season. We haven’t seen the best from Crosby yet while Giroux is showing us everything he’s got.
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)