Dec 7, 2011, 10:10 AM EDT
We all know that Sidney Crosby is a really special player. He’s one of the best in the league, if not the best. His former teammate Maxime Talbot seems to think he’s playing alongside someone just like him in Claude Giroux.
Sound crazy? Sam Carchidi of Philly.com believes it himself but Talbot is eager to share his thoughts. Carchidi asked Talbot if it’s too early to put Giroux on Crosby’s level. His response was telling.
“No, he’s been the best in the league since the beginning of the year,” Talbot said the other day.
Not only does Talbot believe it but Hall of Famer and Flyers legend Bill Barber does too. Does that make it true though? The results are hard to argue with.
Giroux is near the top of the NHL scoring leaderboard and has easily been the Flyers’ best player and one of the best scorers in the league. All those accolades are what Crosby brings to the table for the Penguins.
Connecting the two isn’t quite as crazy as it sounds, but we’ll see how these two guys stack up against each other and through the rest of the season. We haven’t seen the best from Crosby yet while Giroux is showing us everything he’s got.
- Video: Ovi becomes sixth player in history to record six 50-goal seasons 0
- ‘Almost like a game seven tonight’ for Bruins, Panthers 13
- Report: Warrant issued for Deveaux’s arrest following Swedish league attack 47
- How bad are things for the Kings after Monday? 20
- Lightning clinch playoff berth, but did they lose Hedman? 9
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 8
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12