Dec 7, 2011, 8:12 PM EDT
In some ways, it seems like Ilya Bryzgalov and the Philadelphia Flyers makes for a union that’s only slightly more promising than Kris Humphries and Kim Kardashian. Bryzgalov can be a sensitive soul and Philly fans are known for being a little … harsh. On the bright side, Breezy can be awfully funny and strange. That side shows up in his simple synopsis of realignment (which he learned about through the media on Tuesday, according to CSNPhilly.com’s Sarah Baicker).
In case you had trouble making out his response, Baicker transcribed it as: “That’s much more travel, huh? Damn!”
Sure, Maxime Talbot and Kimmo Timonen gave deeper, more nuanced responses to the realignment talk, but Breezy’s response might be the most honest (and is certainly the most amusing). Generally speaking, the new format will give “West” teams a travel break and force “East” teams to travel a bit more. (I put the two current conferences in quotation marks because there won’t really be Eastern or Western conferences anymore.)
Long story short, Bryzgalov would probably vote for his own team as the biggest “loser” of realignment. Share your own opinion on who will deal the best and worst breaks from this pending change by voting in this poll.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 16
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 38
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 33
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21