Dec 7, 2011, 8:12 PM EST
In some ways, it seems like Ilya Bryzgalov and the Philadelphia Flyers makes for a union that’s only slightly more promising than Kris Humphries and Kim Kardashian. Bryzgalov can be a sensitive soul and Philly fans are known for being a little … harsh. On the bright side, Breezy can be awfully funny and strange. That side shows up in his simple synopsis of realignment (which he learned about through the media on Tuesday, according to CSNPhilly.com’s Sarah Baicker).
In case you had trouble making out his response, Baicker transcribed it as: “That’s much more travel, huh? Damn!”
Sure, Maxime Talbot and Kimmo Timonen gave deeper, more nuanced responses to the realignment talk, but Breezy’s response might be the most honest (and is certainly the most amusing). Generally speaking, the new format will give “West” teams a travel break and force “East” teams to travel a bit more. (I put the two current conferences in quotation marks because there won’t really be Eastern or Western conferences anymore.)
Long story short, Bryzgalov would probably vote for his own team as the biggest “loser” of realignment. Share your own opinion on who will deal the best and worst breaks from this pending change by voting in this poll.
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 4
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 2
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 15
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 33
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 15
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 15
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Rangers, Canadiens seek edge as divisional battles intensify 2
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 11
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 46