Dec 7, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT
We’ve been chronicling Crawford’s struggles for some time now, and things don’t appear to be getting any better. The 26-year-old has surrendered 17 goals on 133 shots in his last five appearances, a save percentage of .872.
Even as the cries grow louder for the ‘Hawks to do something about the situation between the pipes, coach Joel Quenneville is playing it cool.
“I don’t call this a goalie controversy at all,” he said, as per the Daily Herald’s Tim Sassone. “Every goalie not a starter gets a couple games in a row.”
According to Quenneville, Crawford will continue to work with goaltending coach Stephane Waite while Emery holds the fort down.
“I think with (Waite) and him, they can work on some things and get confidence in the net,” said Quenneville, as per CSNChicago.com. “Whether it’s handling the puck, rebound control or fighting through traffic. He’ll work with (Crawford) the next few days and get his game back where it needs to be.”
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 3
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 7
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 18
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 28
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)