Dec 7, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT
We’ve been chronicling Crawford’s struggles for some time now, and things don’t appear to be getting any better. The 26-year-old has surrendered 17 goals on 133 shots in his last five appearances, a save percentage of .872.
Even as the cries grow louder for the ‘Hawks to do something about the situation between the pipes, coach Joel Quenneville is playing it cool.
“I don’t call this a goalie controversy at all,” he said, as per the Daily Herald’s Tim Sassone. “Every goalie not a starter gets a couple games in a row.”
According to Quenneville, Crawford will continue to work with goaltending coach Stephane Waite while Emery holds the fort down.
“I think with (Waite) and him, they can work on some things and get confidence in the net,” said Quenneville, as per CSNChicago.com. “Whether it’s handling the puck, rebound control or fighting through traffic. He’ll work with (Crawford) the next few days and get his game back where it needs to be.”
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 47
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 50
- Report: Leafs sign Franson to one year, $3.3 million deal 8
- Report: O’Reilly wants $6.7M deal, Avs counter at $5.5M 54
- Report: Blue Jackets, Johansen make ‘significant progress’ toward deal 5
- Red Wings unveil plans for new arena, look to open in 2017 57
- Columbus trying to figure out ‘the right thing to do’ with Johansen 39
- Panthers re-sign Kulikov: three years, $13 million 6
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him 77
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M 58
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)
- Lucic regrets handshake-line actions, but isn’t apologizing (57)