Dec 7, 2011, 2:12 PM EST
We’ve been chronicling Crawford’s struggles for some time now, and things don’t appear to be getting any better. The 26-year-old has surrendered 17 goals on 133 shots in his last five appearances, a save percentage of .872.
Even as the cries grow louder for the ‘Hawks to do something about the situation between the pipes, coach Joel Quenneville is playing it cool.
“I don’t call this a goalie controversy at all,” he said, as per the Daily Herald’s Tim Sassone. “Every goalie not a starter gets a couple games in a row.”
According to Quenneville, Crawford will continue to work with goaltending coach Stephane Waite while Emery holds the fort down.
“I think with (Waite) and him, they can work on some things and get confidence in the net,” said Quenneville, as per CSNChicago.com. “Whether it’s handling the puck, rebound control or fighting through traffic. He’ll work with (Crawford) the next few days and get his game back where it needs to be.”
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 23
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 1
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 5
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 11
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 21
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 49
- Video: Isles’ Martin to face hearing for ‘stupid’ knee-on-knee hit 39
- NHL on NBCSN: Reloaded Red Wings, Rangers set to battle tonight 51
- Bernier bests Panthers as Luongo goes from injured (and in street clothes) to back in net 4
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 59
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (78)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)