Dec 7, 2011, 2:12 PM EST
We’ve been chronicling Crawford’s struggles for some time now, and things don’t appear to be getting any better. The 26-year-old has surrendered 17 goals on 133 shots in his last five appearances, a save percentage of .872.
Even as the cries grow louder for the ‘Hawks to do something about the situation between the pipes, coach Joel Quenneville is playing it cool.
“I don’t call this a goalie controversy at all,” he said, as per the Daily Herald’s Tim Sassone. “Every goalie not a starter gets a couple games in a row.”
According to Quenneville, Crawford will continue to work with goaltending coach Stephane Waite while Emery holds the fort down.
“I think with (Waite) and him, they can work on some things and get confidence in the net,” said Quenneville, as per CSNChicago.com. “Whether it’s handling the puck, rebound control or fighting through traffic. He’ll work with (Crawford) the next few days and get his game back where it needs to be.”
- Wild coach accuses Sharks of embellishment 0
- Lundqvist hooked after three first-period goals as Rangers’ woes continue 20
- Burke wants the Flames to be — yep, you guessed it — more ‘truculent’ 40
- Flames fire GM Jay Feaster 36
- Video: Projected rise in salary cap could have some players ‘licking their lips’ 19
- Discuss: Blackhawks score big on Rivalry Night on NBCSN 37
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 83
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 13
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 33
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (184)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)