Dec 7, 2011, 2:12 PM EDT
We’ve been chronicling Crawford’s struggles for some time now, and things don’t appear to be getting any better. The 26-year-old has surrendered 17 goals on 133 shots in his last five appearances, a save percentage of .872.
Even as the cries grow louder for the ‘Hawks to do something about the situation between the pipes, coach Joel Quenneville is playing it cool.
“I don’t call this a goalie controversy at all,” he said, as per the Daily Herald’s Tim Sassone. “Every goalie not a starter gets a couple games in a row.”
According to Quenneville, Crawford will continue to work with goaltending coach Stephane Waite while Emery holds the fort down.
“I think with (Waite) and him, they can work on some things and get confidence in the net,” said Quenneville, as per CSNChicago.com. “Whether it’s handling the puck, rebound control or fighting through traffic. He’ll work with (Crawford) the next few days and get his game back where it needs to be.”
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 37
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)