Dec 7, 2011, 4:28 PM EDT
Somewhat concerning news out of Pittsburgh — Sidney Crosby will be staying home as the Penguins head out on a two-game road trip to Philadelphia (Thursday) and Long Island (Saturday).
“Sidney took a hard hit during our game against Boston Monday night and wasn’t feeling 100 percent,” Penguins GM Ray Shero said via the team’s website. “He saw Dr. Micky Collins of UPMC today and took an ImPACT test, which showed no problems. However, we all think it’s best that he sits out the next two games as a precaution.”
Presumably the collision between Crosby and teammate Chris Kunitz is the “hit” Shero is referring to.
That’s all the news we’ve got at this point. We’ll pass along any more details as they emerge, but don’t expect the Pens to be talking about this much.
- Video: Flames, Canucks combine for over 100 PIM in wild line brawl 10
- Preds torch Crawford, Hawks; even series at 1-1 23
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) 66
- Huge loss for Preds as Weber (lower body) knocked out of Game 2 7
- Sabres? Oilers? Coyotes? Leafs? ‘Canes? — McDavid would be happy to play for any of them 37
- Stone a game-time decision, Sens downplay retaliation for Subban slash 25
- Flyers fire Berube 48
- Klingberg signs seven-year, $29.75 million extension with Stars 10
- Video: Perry paces Ducks to victory over Jets with four-point night 13
- Video: Wild hold off late push from Blues 38
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Players growing tired of Darryl Sutter (94)
- Bruins fire Chiarelli after missing playoffs (75)
- PHT Morning Skate: Ottawa Sun runs with front page headline ‘Heads Up, P.K.’ (74)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (70)