Dec 6, 2011, 10:36 AM EDT
The Capitals losing a game 5-4 in a contest that saw them down 5-1 at one point can’t really be seen as a good thing — losses are bad after all and the Caps have had a few too many of them. That said, seeing the Caps bounce back in the third period with a furious rally that just fell short has to be a good thing… Right?
One thing’s for sure is that Brooks Laich wasn’t a fan of his team, saying that getting just 20 minutes of effort isn’t good enough and that just trying hard isn’t going to win them any games. Caps coach Dale Hunter was upset with the penalties they took but was happy with how the team didn’t give up. Talk about baby steps to recovery.
Of course, all isn’t so positive in Washington as Tarik El-Bashir reports. Losses hurt and for the Caps they’re in a world of hurt. They’re behind first place Florida by seven points now and for a team that’s supposed to challenge for the Stanley Cup, that stinks. While guys like Karl Alzner and Mike Knuble are doing their part to pick guys up, they need more.
Hunter will get things figured out eventually in Washington, but it might take a trade to help give him the team he needs to make it happen.
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 1
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6