Dec 6, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
Dan Carcillo has learned his lesson about Twitter. Think before you tweet. Then think about it again. Then right when you’re about to hit publish, have one more think about it.
That tidbit courtesy CSNChicago.com, which polled a handful of Blackhawks including Carcillo about their tweeting experiences.
“When I first got it, it was a little overwhelming. I’m pretty outspoken, and on that you have to think three or four times before you write it,” Carcillo said. “So it wasn’t a good fit in the beginning and so you live and learn.”
In case you’re wondering, he’s referring to this. (Parental guidance advised.)
Fortunately, he hasn’t dialed it back entirely, because that would be a shame. Carcillo (aka @CarBombBoom13) – whose tweets we’ve featured before on PHT — has almost 30,000 followers because he’s entertaining and opinionated, not vanilla. For example, can you guess what this tweet was about?
Steve Yzerman: furious.
In contrast to Carcillo, there’s teammate Steve Montador.
“I’m a little more private than Twitter typically allows for, so for the most part it’s something I’ll keep on the professional side,” Montador said.
And that’s why he only has 11,000 followers.
Of course, Montador also has an $11-million contract. He could never work again after he retires and still live comfortably.
Carcillo is looking down the road.
“It’s kind of just building your own name and getting it out there, outside of hockey if you have other interests,” he said. “You can see the advantages to it.”
Don’t see Montador with a radio show, do you?
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 5
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 5
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 12
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 13
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 11
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 74
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 28
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 (74)