Dec 6, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
Dan Carcillo has learned his lesson about Twitter. Think before you tweet. Then think about it again. Then right when you’re about to hit publish, have one more think about it.
That tidbit courtesy CSNChicago.com, which polled a handful of Blackhawks including Carcillo about their tweeting experiences.
“When I first got it, it was a little overwhelming. I’m pretty outspoken, and on that you have to think three or four times before you write it,” Carcillo said. “So it wasn’t a good fit in the beginning and so you live and learn.”
In case you’re wondering, he’s referring to this. (Parental guidance advised.)
Fortunately, he hasn’t dialed it back entirely, because that would be a shame. Carcillo (aka @CarBombBoom13) – whose tweets we’ve featured before on PHT — has almost 30,000 followers because he’s entertaining and opinionated, not vanilla. For example, can you guess what this tweet was about?
Steve Yzerman: furious.
In contrast to Carcillo, there’s teammate Steve Montador.
“I’m a little more private than Twitter typically allows for, so for the most part it’s something I’ll keep on the professional side,” Montador said.
And that’s why he only has 11,000 followers.
Of course, Montador also has an $11-million contract. He could never work again after he retires and still live comfortably.
Carcillo is looking down the road.
“It’s kind of just building your own name and getting it out there, outside of hockey if you have other interests,” he said. “You can see the advantages to it.”
Don’t see Montador with a radio show, do you?
- Subban: Contract in arbitrator’s hands now 17
- Flyers’ Mason broke his right pinky finger playing ball hockey 23
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame 64
- It’s back! PHT’s Team of the Day summer series starts tomorrow 9
- Pens sign Spaling — two years, $4.4 million 13
- Agent: Subban hasn’t told me to make him NHL’s highest-paid D 32
- Devils sign Greene to five-year, $25M extension 18
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 47
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 59
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Lindros, LeClair and Desjardins to be inducted into the Flyers Hall of Fame (64)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ (59)
- Poll: Is Drew Doughty the best defenseman in the world? (58)
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million (47)