Dec 6, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
Dan Carcillo has learned his lesson about Twitter. Think before you tweet. Then think about it again. Then right when you’re about to hit publish, have one more think about it.
That tidbit courtesy CSNChicago.com, which polled a handful of Blackhawks including Carcillo about their tweeting experiences.
“When I first got it, it was a little overwhelming. I’m pretty outspoken, and on that you have to think three or four times before you write it,” Carcillo said. “So it wasn’t a good fit in the beginning and so you live and learn.”
In case you’re wondering, he’s referring to this. (Parental guidance advised.)
Fortunately, he hasn’t dialed it back entirely, because that would be a shame. Carcillo (aka @CarBombBoom13) – whose tweets we’ve featured before on PHT — has almost 30,000 followers because he’s entertaining and opinionated, not vanilla. For example, can you guess what this tweet was about?
Steve Yzerman: furious.
In contrast to Carcillo, there’s teammate Steve Montador.
“I’m a little more private than Twitter typically allows for, so for the most part it’s something I’ll keep on the professional side,” Montador said.
And that’s why he only has 11,000 followers.
Of course, Montador also has an $11-million contract. He could never work again after he retires and still live comfortably.
Carcillo is looking down the road.
“It’s kind of just building your own name and getting it out there, outside of hockey if you have other interests,” he said. “You can see the advantages to it.”
Don’t see Montador with a radio show, do you?
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 46
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 68
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)