Dec 6, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
Dan Carcillo has learned his lesson about Twitter. Think before you tweet. Then think about it again. Then right when you’re about to hit publish, have one more think about it.
That tidbit courtesy CSNChicago.com, which polled a handful of Blackhawks including Carcillo about their tweeting experiences.
“When I first got it, it was a little overwhelming. I’m pretty outspoken, and on that you have to think three or four times before you write it,” Carcillo said. “So it wasn’t a good fit in the beginning and so you live and learn.”
In case you’re wondering, he’s referring to this. (Parental guidance advised.)
Fortunately, he hasn’t dialed it back entirely, because that would be a shame. Carcillo (aka @CarBombBoom13) – whose tweets we’ve featured before on PHT — has almost 30,000 followers because he’s entertaining and opinionated, not vanilla. For example, can you guess what this tweet was about?
Steve Yzerman: furious.
In contrast to Carcillo, there’s teammate Steve Montador.
“I’m a little more private than Twitter typically allows for, so for the most part it’s something I’ll keep on the professional side,” Montador said.
And that’s why he only has 11,000 followers.
Of course, Montador also has an $11-million contract. He could never work again after he retires and still live comfortably.
Carcillo is looking down the road.
“It’s kind of just building your own name and getting it out there, outside of hockey if you have other interests,” he said. “You can see the advantages to it.”
Don’t see Montador with a radio show, do you?
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 20
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 19
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 44
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 121
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 36
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 79
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7