Dec 6, 2011, 1:52 PM EDT
Dan Carcillo has learned his lesson about Twitter. Think before you tweet. Then think about it again. Then right when you’re about to hit publish, have one more think about it.
That tidbit courtesy CSNChicago.com, which polled a handful of Blackhawks including Carcillo about their tweeting experiences.
“When I first got it, it was a little overwhelming. I’m pretty outspoken, and on that you have to think three or four times before you write it,” Carcillo said. “So it wasn’t a good fit in the beginning and so you live and learn.”
In case you’re wondering, he’s referring to this. (Parental guidance advised.)
Fortunately, he hasn’t dialed it back entirely, because that would be a shame. Carcillo (aka @CarBombBoom13) – whose tweets we’ve featured before on PHT — has almost 30,000 followers because he’s entertaining and opinionated, not vanilla. For example, can you guess what this tweet was about?
Steve Yzerman: furious.
In contrast to Carcillo, there’s teammate Steve Montador.
“I’m a little more private than Twitter typically allows for, so for the most part it’s something I’ll keep on the professional side,” Montador said.
And that’s why he only has 11,000 followers.
Of course, Montador also has an $11-million contract. He could never work again after he retires and still live comfortably.
Carcillo is looking down the road.
“It’s kind of just building your own name and getting it out there, outside of hockey if you have other interests,” he said. “You can see the advantages to it.”
Don’t see Montador with a radio show, do you?
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 28
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 111
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 79
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (111)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (79)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- Poll: Will Kessel score 40? (38)