Dec 6, 2011, 5:28 PM EST
Martin Brodeur will start in goal for the New Jersey Devils tonight in Toronto. The 39-year-old is hoping he can get his season back on track soon.
“Teams have scored a lot of goals against me,” Brodeur said, as per NorthJersey.com “That’s something that, hopefully, will change in the near future because we need to win and in this league if you allow more than three goals a game, it’s going to be hard to win hockey games.”
Brodeur is 5-7-0 with a 3.31 goals-against average and .879 save percentage, numbers that have led many to believe his time as an elite NHL goalie is up.
The future Hall of Fame inductee, whose contract expires at the end of the season, is even being asked whether he’d consider playing for a team other than the Devils.
“In the future you never know, but I don’t want to,” Brodeur said today, as per the Star-Ledger. “But if I want to play — and I have so much respect for this organization — and if they don’t feel I’m the guy for them and they want to move on, if I still want to play I have to look after myself. I don’t see that happening, but I can’t say no.”
By the way, the Devils have lost four straight by a combined score of 17-7.
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 0
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 6
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 9
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 24
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)