Dec 5, 2011, 11:54 PM EST
Should we even have to wonder if Dion Phaneuf is “back” anymore? The Toronto Maple Leafs blueliner looks a whole lot like the guy who was the cover star of “NHL 09″ again. He’s using his blazing slapper to rack up goals and assists (18 points despite a four-game scoreless streak), but he’s throwing his body around in a way that prompted people to use his last name as a verb many moons ago.
Watch as Phaneuf … Phaneufs Michael Sauer (plus his stick and helmet) in the video below.
That wasn’t the only notable collision of the game, as Mike del Zotto took a scary hit while trying to touch up an icing. Luckily, MDZ is reportedly OK but Sauer will be evaluated tomorrow according to Katie Strang.
The Maple Leafs won the game 4-2, by the way. Here are highlights from the game.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny 0
- In praise of the Hamburglar 13
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 6
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 17
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 35
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 52