Dec 5, 2011, 10:20 AM EST
A lot of people are taking the blame for Bruce Boudreau getting fired in Washington and now you can add Tomas Vokoun to that list.
Vokoun tells CSNWashington.com’s Chuck Gormley that he owns his poor performance for the Capitals and says that if he’d done better that perhaps Boudreau would still be there. That’s quite the guilt problem going around in D.C. but Vokoun’s honesty has to be appreciated.
“I’ll be the first one to say that I didn’t play up to my capabilities, for various reasons, and I’ve got to be better, too,” Vokoun said.
Poor goaltending from both Vokoun and Michal Neuvirth was just one of many problems the Capitals were dealing with. Of course, if Vokoun played up to his lights out ability, the Capitals might have won a few more of those games.
While Vokoun came to Washington on just a one-year deal for less than his market value, he hasn’t played up to his ability. That’s going to have to change if the Caps are going to be serious Cup contenders for Dale Hunter.
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 18
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 48
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 0
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 4
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 39
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)
- The plummeting Coyotes are threatening to fall below the Oilers into 29th place (55)