Dec 5, 2011, 5:43 PM EDT
Recently, several members of the Tampa Bay Lightning (specifically: Steve Stamkos, Martin St. Louis, Vincent Lecavalier, Victor Hedman and Ryan Malone) participated a fashion shoot for Bay magazine, a publication of the St. Petersburg Times.
Designed to celebrate the “good life,” Bay is the preeminent magazine for relevant, substantive and timely information about the social scene, philanthropic events, luxury estates, exquisite interiors, fashions, local cuisine and travel.
Bay magazine is distributed to 54,550 Sunday subscribers of the St. Petersburg Times in the most affluent areas of Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties.
I don’t want to read too much into that description, but the magazine sounds pretty pleased with itself. Pretentious even. If I had to guess, Bay would complain about being shelved next to Truckin’ magazine.
Which is probably why the Lightning’s fashion shoot looked like this:
First, what’s up with the music? It’s like an adult film soundtrack mixed with elevator music. Very distracting. That said, I’m not one to be giving advice on this front. If I had my way, everything would be set to Yakety Sax.
Second, there are too many uncredited similarities to the New York Rangers’ classic 1980 Sasson Jeans commercial:
I guess there are some differences. Phil Esposito never gently caressed Don Maloney’s thigh, for example.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 3
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 28
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)