Dec 5, 2011, 5:43 PM EDT
Recently, several members of the Tampa Bay Lightning (specifically: Steve Stamkos, Martin St. Louis, Vincent Lecavalier, Victor Hedman and Ryan Malone) participated a fashion shoot for Bay magazine, a publication of the St. Petersburg Times.
Designed to celebrate the “good life,” Bay is the preeminent magazine for relevant, substantive and timely information about the social scene, philanthropic events, luxury estates, exquisite interiors, fashions, local cuisine and travel.
Bay magazine is distributed to 54,550 Sunday subscribers of the St. Petersburg Times in the most affluent areas of Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties.
I don’t want to read too much into that description, but the magazine sounds pretty pleased with itself. Pretentious even. If I had to guess, Bay would complain about being shelved next to Truckin’ magazine.
Which is probably why the Lightning’s fashion shoot looked like this:
First, what’s up with the music? It’s like an adult film soundtrack mixed with elevator music. Very distracting. That said, I’m not one to be giving advice on this front. If I had my way, everything would be set to Yakety Sax.
Second, there are too many uncredited similarities to the New York Rangers’ classic 1980 Sasson Jeans commercial:
I guess there are some differences. Phil Esposito never gently caressed Don Maloney’s thigh, for example.
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 9
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 4
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 20
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime 91
- Sens’ Anderson continues to haunt Habs, forces Game 6 10
- Price, Dubnyk, Rinne are Vezina Trophy finalists 16
- Chicago to start Darling in Game 6 17
- Chiarelli named Oilers’ GM and president of hockey ops 35
- Weber out for remainder of series, but ‘did not suffer an ACL injury’ 6
- Report: Oilers’ Lowe removed from Hockey Ops role 19
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (174)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (98)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (93)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (89)