Dec 5, 2011, 5:43 PM EDT
Recently, several members of the Tampa Bay Lightning (specifically: Steve Stamkos, Martin St. Louis, Vincent Lecavalier, Victor Hedman and Ryan Malone) participated a fashion shoot for Bay magazine, a publication of the St. Petersburg Times.
Designed to celebrate the “good life,” Bay is the preeminent magazine for relevant, substantive and timely information about the social scene, philanthropic events, luxury estates, exquisite interiors, fashions, local cuisine and travel.
Bay magazine is distributed to 54,550 Sunday subscribers of the St. Petersburg Times in the most affluent areas of Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties.
I don’t want to read too much into that description, but the magazine sounds pretty pleased with itself. Pretentious even. If I had to guess, Bay would complain about being shelved next to Truckin’ magazine.
Which is probably why the Lightning’s fashion shoot looked like this:
First, what’s up with the music? It’s like an adult film soundtrack mixed with elevator music. Very distracting. That said, I’m not one to be giving advice on this front. If I had my way, everything would be set to Yakety Sax.
Second, there are too many uncredited similarities to the New York Rangers’ classic 1980 Sasson Jeans commercial:
I guess there are some differences. Phil Esposito never gently caressed Don Maloney’s thigh, for example.
- Could Lundqvist start Saturday for the Rangers? 6
- Five big games to watch this weekend 7
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 32
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 15
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 56
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 20
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 28
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)