Dec 5, 2011, 5:43 PM EDT
Recently, several members of the Tampa Bay Lightning (specifically: Steve Stamkos, Martin St. Louis, Vincent Lecavalier, Victor Hedman and Ryan Malone) participated a fashion shoot for Bay magazine, a publication of the St. Petersburg Times.
Designed to celebrate the “good life,” Bay is the preeminent magazine for relevant, substantive and timely information about the social scene, philanthropic events, luxury estates, exquisite interiors, fashions, local cuisine and travel.
Bay magazine is distributed to 54,550 Sunday subscribers of the St. Petersburg Times in the most affluent areas of Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties.
I don’t want to read too much into that description, but the magazine sounds pretty pleased with itself. Pretentious even. If I had to guess, Bay would complain about being shelved next to Truckin’ magazine.
Which is probably why the Lightning’s fashion shoot looked like this:
First, what’s up with the music? It’s like an adult film soundtrack mixed with elevator music. Very distracting. That said, I’m not one to be giving advice on this front. If I had my way, everything would be set to Yakety Sax.
Second, there are too many uncredited similarities to the New York Rangers’ classic 1980 Sasson Jeans commercial:
I guess there are some differences. Phil Esposito never gently caressed Don Maloney’s thigh, for example.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5