Dec 5, 2011, 5:43 PM EDT
Recently, several members of the Tampa Bay Lightning (specifically: Steve Stamkos, Martin St. Louis, Vincent Lecavalier, Victor Hedman and Ryan Malone) participated a fashion shoot for Bay magazine, a publication of the St. Petersburg Times.
Designed to celebrate the “good life,” Bay is the preeminent magazine for relevant, substantive and timely information about the social scene, philanthropic events, luxury estates, exquisite interiors, fashions, local cuisine and travel.
Bay magazine is distributed to 54,550 Sunday subscribers of the St. Petersburg Times in the most affluent areas of Pinellas and Hillsborough Counties.
I don’t want to read too much into that description, but the magazine sounds pretty pleased with itself. Pretentious even. If I had to guess, Bay would complain about being shelved next to Truckin’ magazine.
Which is probably why the Lightning’s fashion shoot looked like this:
First, what’s up with the music? It’s like an adult film soundtrack mixed with elevator music. Very distracting. That said, I’m not one to be giving advice on this front. If I had my way, everything would be set to Yakety Sax.
Second, there are too many uncredited similarities to the New York Rangers’ classic 1980 Sasson Jeans commercial:
I guess there are some differences. Phil Esposito never gently caressed Don Maloney’s thigh, for example.
- Subban seeking $8.5 million in arbitration, versus the Habs at $5.25 million 6
- Marchand on Plekanec: ‘I hate him. I can’t stand him’ 17
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 15
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 16
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 30
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)