Dec 5, 2011, 2:17 PM EDT
Alex Semin is healthy, but he still might not play tonight against Florida.
“He’s ready to go,” Capitals coach Dale Hunter said, as per the Washington Post. “So we’re going to make a game-time decision who’s going to sit out.”
And so goes the Semin soap opera. The struggling sniper has already been made a healthy scratch (on Nov. 21). Saturday he sat out with what was reportedly a shoulder injury.
Curiously, when the Post asked Semin how his shoulder felt this morning, he answered, “good.” But when asked if that meant he was playing, he “solemnly shook his head” while “he fidgeted with his helmet and stared straight ahead.”
Good times in Washington.
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 36
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 16
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 12
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 58
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 23
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 63
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1