Dec 5, 2011, 2:17 PM EST
Alex Semin is healthy, but he still might not play tonight against Florida.
“He’s ready to go,” Capitals coach Dale Hunter said, as per the Washington Post. “So we’re going to make a game-time decision who’s going to sit out.”
And so goes the Semin soap opera. The struggling sniper has already been made a healthy scratch (on Nov. 21). Saturday he sat out with what was reportedly a shoulder injury.
Curiously, when the Post asked Semin how his shoulder felt this morning, he answered, “good.” But when asked if that meant he was playing, he “solemnly shook his head” while “he fidgeted with his helmet and stared straight ahead.”
Good times in Washington.
- Mark Howe on his father’s health: ‘He’s back in the ballgame’ 0
- Holland: ‘I’m not against fighting’ 3
- Preds’ Neal fined for diving 17
- After surprising start, Flames sign Hartley to multi-year contract extension 4
- Update your wallcharts: Rangers confirm Brassard has mumps 11
- Video: Coyotes defeat Oilers with 0.3 seconds remaining in OT 3
- It’s ‘unlikely’ Duncan Keith has the mumps, says Blackhawks coach 3
- Bjugstad scores the winner as Panthers, Capitals make history with 20-round shootout 21
- Yep, Beau Bennett has the mumps 24
- (Video) PHT Extra: Would the Oilers really trade Taylor Hall? 11