Dec 5, 2011, 2:17 PM EDT
Alex Semin is healthy, but he still might not play tonight against Florida.
“He’s ready to go,” Capitals coach Dale Hunter said, as per the Washington Post. “So we’re going to make a game-time decision who’s going to sit out.”
And so goes the Semin soap opera. The struggling sniper has already been made a healthy scratch (on Nov. 21). Saturday he sat out with what was reportedly a shoulder injury.
Curiously, when the Post asked Semin how his shoulder felt this morning, he answered, “good.” But when asked if that meant he was playing, he “solemnly shook his head” while “he fidgeted with his helmet and stared straight ahead.”
Good times in Washington.
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 22
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 46
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 78
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 11
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Patriots' Hernandez questioned in murder investigation
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut
- Lolo Jones' attempt at humor backfires