Dec 5, 2011, 2:17 PM EDT
Alex Semin is healthy, but he still might not play tonight against Florida.
“He’s ready to go,” Capitals coach Dale Hunter said, as per the Washington Post. “So we’re going to make a game-time decision who’s going to sit out.”
And so goes the Semin soap opera. The struggling sniper has already been made a healthy scratch (on Nov. 21). Saturday he sat out with what was reportedly a shoulder injury.
Curiously, when the Post asked Semin how his shoulder felt this morning, he answered, “good.” But when asked if that meant he was playing, he “solemnly shook his head” while “he fidgeted with his helmet and stared straight ahead.”
Good times in Washington.
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 52
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 21
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5