Dec 5, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
We’re used to hearing about “upper body” and “lower body” injuries, but torso injuries? That’s just what Colorado’s Paul Stastny suffered against Detroit last night, at least according to Avalanche trainers anyhow.
The Denver Post’s Mike Chambers reports that Stastny was hurt in the third period of Colorado’s 4-2 win over Detroit but that the team didn’t have any further details on how badly Stastny is hurt. Stastny has had struggles scoring this season and is just sixth on the team in points. Stastny is supposed to be one of the team’s top performers but has been less-than that.
That said, the Avs don’t want to be without Stastny for an extended period of time. While they’ve won three in a row now, losing anyone as useful as Stastny would be a tough blow.
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 8
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 27
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 44
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 20