Dec 5, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
We’re used to hearing about “upper body” and “lower body” injuries, but torso injuries? That’s just what Colorado’s Paul Stastny suffered against Detroit last night, at least according to Avalanche trainers anyhow.
The Denver Post’s Mike Chambers reports that Stastny was hurt in the third period of Colorado’s 4-2 win over Detroit but that the team didn’t have any further details on how badly Stastny is hurt. Stastny has had struggles scoring this season and is just sixth on the team in points. Stastny is supposed to be one of the team’s top performers but has been less-than that.
That said, the Avs don’t want to be without Stastny for an extended period of time. While they’ve won three in a row now, losing anyone as useful as Stastny would be a tough blow.
- One more time, with feeling: Flames stage yet another comeback, eliminate Vancouver 11
- Keith conquers: Blackhawks come back, eliminate Predators 36
- Red Wings smother Lightning, take 3-2 series lead 17
- Going the distance: Isles edge Caps to force Game 7 29
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 6
- Lucic issues statement on father’s passing 10
- Hall caught off guard by Oilers’ front office shuffle 18
- Wild’s Dubnyk shakes off six-goal night, saves 36 as Blues pushed to brink 34
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 5
- Malkin: ‘I want to say sorry to fans, to my teammates’ 58
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (108)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)
- Preds, Forsberg finally solve Darling, push series to Game 6 (76)