Dec 5, 2011, 8:45 AM EST
We’re used to hearing about “upper body” and “lower body” injuries, but torso injuries? That’s just what Colorado’s Paul Stastny suffered against Detroit last night, at least according to Avalanche trainers anyhow.
The Denver Post’s Mike Chambers reports that Stastny was hurt in the third period of Colorado’s 4-2 win over Detroit but that the team didn’t have any further details on how badly Stastny is hurt. Stastny has had struggles scoring this season and is just sixth on the team in points. Stastny is supposed to be one of the team’s top performers but has been less-than that.
That said, the Avs don’t want to be without Stastny for an extended period of time. While they’ve won three in a row now, losing anyone as useful as Stastny would be a tough blow.
- Roberto Luongo records the shutout in first game back with Panthers 13
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 36
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 26
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 31
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 12
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 36
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 49
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)