Dec 5, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
We’re used to hearing about “upper body” and “lower body” injuries, but torso injuries? That’s just what Colorado’s Paul Stastny suffered against Detroit last night, at least according to Avalanche trainers anyhow.
The Denver Post’s Mike Chambers reports that Stastny was hurt in the third period of Colorado’s 4-2 win over Detroit but that the team didn’t have any further details on how badly Stastny is hurt. Stastny has had struggles scoring this season and is just sixth on the team in points. Stastny is supposed to be one of the team’s top performers but has been less-than that.
That said, the Avs don’t want to be without Stastny for an extended period of time. While they’ve won three in a row now, losing anyone as useful as Stastny would be a tough blow.
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 20
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 13
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 8
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 17
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 37
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 11
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 20
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 24
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 25
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)