Dec 5, 2011, 8:45 AM EDT
We’re used to hearing about “upper body” and “lower body” injuries, but torso injuries? That’s just what Colorado’s Paul Stastny suffered against Detroit last night, at least according to Avalanche trainers anyhow.
The Denver Post’s Mike Chambers reports that Stastny was hurt in the third period of Colorado’s 4-2 win over Detroit but that the team didn’t have any further details on how badly Stastny is hurt. Stastny has had struggles scoring this season and is just sixth on the team in points. Stastny is supposed to be one of the team’s top performers but has been less-than that.
That said, the Avs don’t want to be without Stastny for an extended period of time. While they’ve won three in a row now, losing anyone as useful as Stastny would be a tough blow.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 48
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 70
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)