Dec 5, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
Calgary’s Henrik Karlsson has been placed on injured reserve with a sprained MCL in his right knee. To fill his absence, the Flames have called up Leland Irving from Abbotsford of the American Hockey League.
Karlsson’s injury occurred last night in a goalmouth collision during the third period of the Canucks’ 5-1 victory over the Flames in Vancouver.
Booth received a minor penalty for goaltending interference; however, that didn’t appease Flames coach Brent Sutter.
“Guys are cutting through the crease and hitting the goaltender and Kipper clearly got run over there,” Sutter told reporters.
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 0
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 7
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 6
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 19
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 24
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 36
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 11
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (68)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)