Dec 5, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
Calgary’s Henrik Karlsson has been placed on injured reserve with a sprained MCL in his right knee. To fill his absence, the Flames have called up Leland Irving from Abbotsford of the American Hockey League.
Karlsson’s injury occurred last night in a goalmouth collision during the third period of the Canucks’ 5-1 victory over the Flames in Vancouver.
Booth received a minor penalty for goaltending interference; however, that didn’t appease Flames coach Brent Sutter.
“Guys are cutting through the crease and hitting the goaltender and Kipper clearly got run over there,” Sutter told reporters.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 44
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)