Dec 5, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
Calgary’s Henrik Karlsson has been placed on injured reserve with a sprained MCL in his right knee. To fill his absence, the Flames have called up Leland Irving from Abbotsford of the American Hockey League.
Karlsson’s injury occurred last night in a goalmouth collision during the third period of the Canucks’ 5-1 victory over the Flames in Vancouver.
Booth received a minor penalty for goaltending interference; however, that didn’t appease Flames coach Brent Sutter.
“Guys are cutting through the crease and hitting the goaltender and Kipper clearly got run over there,” Sutter told reporters.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)