Dec 5, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT
Calgary’s Henrik Karlsson has been placed on injured reserve with a sprained MCL in his right knee. To fill his absence, the Flames have called up Leland Irving from Abbotsford of the American Hockey League.
Karlsson’s injury occurred last night in a goalmouth collision during the third period of the Canucks’ 5-1 victory over the Flames in Vancouver.
Booth received a minor penalty for goaltending interference; however, that didn’t appease Flames coach Brent Sutter.
“Guys are cutting through the crease and hitting the goaltender and Kipper clearly got run over there,” Sutter told reporters.
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 29
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 52
- Trade: Bieksa headed to California — but it’s Anaheim, not San Jose 24
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago 89
- Hamilton signs six-year deal with Flames 18
- Sharks get Jones from Bruins for first-round pick and unsigned prospect 42
- Hurricanes to buy out Semin 15
- Bruins are talking to teams about Savard, but not Rask 14
- Report: Richards part of police investigation 47
- UFA of the Day: Mike Green 5
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (89)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)
- Trade: Busy Bruins send Lucic to Kings (66)