Dec 5, 2011, 2:59 PM EST
Calgary’s Henrik Karlsson has been placed on injured reserve with a sprained MCL in his right knee. To fill his absence, the Flames have called up Leland Irving from Abbotsford of the American Hockey League.
Karlsson’s injury occurred last night in a goalmouth collision during the third period of the Canucks’ 5-1 victory over the Flames in Vancouver.
Booth received a minor penalty for goaltending interference; however, that didn’t appease Flames coach Brent Sutter.
“Guys are cutting through the crease and hitting the goaltender and Kipper clearly got run over there,” Sutter told reporters.
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 3
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 23
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 35
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 63
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (161)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)