Dec 5, 2011, 8:31 AM EDT
Last night, the Vancouver Canucks were eager to prove that it was, as Lindy Ruff would say, open season on goalies as both Henrik Karlsson and Miikka Kiprusoff from Calgary were barreled into by Canucks forwards.
Karlsson was knocked out of the game early in the third period thanks to Cody Hodgson crashing his net and colliding with teammate Tom Kostopoulos. With the Flames already down 5-1 at that point and Karlsson coming up gimpy, out he came and in went Miikka Kiprusoff. The Flames desperately wanted Kipper to have a full night off yet were forced to put him in.
There, David Booth saw fit to go crashing into Kiprusoff while attempting to sweep towards the net to score. Booth’s net crashing was met with a bit more resistance. Kiprusoff wasn’t injured on his play, however, but the Flames ended the game with sore feelings after getting drubbed 5-1.
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 12
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 16
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 56
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 25
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 24
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 60
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 36
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 23
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)