Dec 5, 2011, 8:31 AM EDT
Last night, the Vancouver Canucks were eager to prove that it was, as Lindy Ruff would say, open season on goalies as both Henrik Karlsson and Miikka Kiprusoff from Calgary were barreled into by Canucks forwards.
Karlsson was knocked out of the game early in the third period thanks to Cody Hodgson crashing his net and colliding with teammate Tom Kostopoulos. With the Flames already down 5-1 at that point and Karlsson coming up gimpy, out he came and in went Miikka Kiprusoff. The Flames desperately wanted Kipper to have a full night off yet were forced to put him in.
There, David Booth saw fit to go crashing into Kiprusoff while attempting to sweep towards the net to score. Booth’s net crashing was met with a bit more resistance. Kiprusoff wasn’t injured on his play, however, but the Flames ended the game with sore feelings after getting drubbed 5-1.
- Video: Pittsburgh pays tribute to Ottawa tragedy with O Canada rendition 4
- Video: McKenzie talks latest from Ottawa shootings, Voynov investigation 0
- WATCH LIVE: Pittsburgh vs. Philly on Rivalry Night 2
- Wild, Coyle agree on five-year contract extension 14
- The Flyers ‘have Mason’s back’ 9
- Postponed: NHL to reschedule Sens-Leafs in wake of Ottawa shootings 33
- NHL monitoring situation in Ottawa 23
- Lawyer: ‘Mr. Voynov never hit the woman’ 32
- NHL on NBCSN: Hungry Flyers set sights on rival Penguins 30
- Video: Raanta shuts out flat Flyers in emergency start 5
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- Babcock: ‘Price definitely initiates contact’ in disallowed Datsyuk goal (57)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)