Dec 5, 2011, 8:31 AM EST
Last night, the Vancouver Canucks were eager to prove that it was, as Lindy Ruff would say, open season on goalies as both Henrik Karlsson and Miikka Kiprusoff from Calgary were barreled into by Canucks forwards.
Karlsson was knocked out of the game early in the third period thanks to Cody Hodgson crashing his net and colliding with teammate Tom Kostopoulos. With the Flames already down 5-1 at that point and Karlsson coming up gimpy, out he came and in went Miikka Kiprusoff. The Flames desperately wanted Kipper to have a full night off yet were forced to put him in.
There, David Booth saw fit to go crashing into Kiprusoff while attempting to sweep towards the net to score. Booth’s net crashing was met with a bit more resistance. Kiprusoff wasn’t injured on his play, however, but the Flames ended the game with sore feelings after getting drubbed 5-1.
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 16
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)