Dec 5, 2011, 8:31 AM EDT
Last night, the Vancouver Canucks were eager to prove that it was, as Lindy Ruff would say, open season on goalies as both Henrik Karlsson and Miikka Kiprusoff from Calgary were barreled into by Canucks forwards.
Karlsson was knocked out of the game early in the third period thanks to Cody Hodgson crashing his net and colliding with teammate Tom Kostopoulos. With the Flames already down 5-1 at that point and Karlsson coming up gimpy, out he came and in went Miikka Kiprusoff. The Flames desperately wanted Kipper to have a full night off yet were forced to put him in.
There, David Booth saw fit to go crashing into Kiprusoff while attempting to sweep towards the net to score. Booth’s net crashing was met with a bit more resistance. Kiprusoff wasn’t injured on his play, however, but the Flames ended the game with sore feelings after getting drubbed 5-1.
- Video: Burrows catches Emelin with a late hit (Updated) 5
- Report: Thomas Vanek involved in money laundering scandal 19
- Video: Devils (finally) win a shootout 4
- Video: Lucic and Stewart drop the gloves 20
- Blues lose Backes, Oshie indefinitely to concussions 5
- Struggling Coyotes ‘not anywhere good enough,’ says GM 9
- Red Wings take over third period, blank Ovechkin in win 8
- Video: Doc Emrick’s heartfelt words about Gordie Howe 5
- Rangers’ Moore suspended five games for ‘extremely difficult’ Haula hit 18
- Ovechkin looking to avoid career-long scoring slump tonight 11
- Video: John Moore with an elbow to the head of Erik Haula (Updated) (62)
- Report: Varlamov being sued by ex-girlfriend (47)
- Kreider calls Brodin hit a ‘bang-bang play,’ doesn’t plan to dramatically change his game (45)
- No hearing scheduled for Kreider after Brodin hit (44)
- Kopitar out, Lombardi irate as Kings will play shorthanded vs. Flyers (40)