Dec 5, 2011, 8:31 AM EDT
Last night, the Vancouver Canucks were eager to prove that it was, as Lindy Ruff would say, open season on goalies as both Henrik Karlsson and Miikka Kiprusoff from Calgary were barreled into by Canucks forwards.
Karlsson was knocked out of the game early in the third period thanks to Cody Hodgson crashing his net and colliding with teammate Tom Kostopoulos. With the Flames already down 5-1 at that point and Karlsson coming up gimpy, out he came and in went Miikka Kiprusoff. The Flames desperately wanted Kipper to have a full night off yet were forced to put him in.
There, David Booth saw fit to go crashing into Kiprusoff while attempting to sweep towards the net to score. Booth’s net crashing was met with a bit more resistance. Kiprusoff wasn’t injured on his play, however, but the Flames ended the game with sore feelings after getting drubbed 5-1.
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 4
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 97
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 2) 0
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 76
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115