Dec 5, 2011, 11:38 AM EDT
Life isn’t so hot for ESPN NHL analyst Matthew Barnaby.
Barnaby was arrested and charged with DWI early this morning after being pulled over near his home and driving his Porsche that was missing its front driver’s side tire. Barnaby refused to take a breathalyzer test and failed several field sobriety tests.
Making matters all the more awkward was that Barnaby tweeted a photo of himself out enjoying a day of football with pals on Sunday.
Getting busted for DWI months after having to deal with a domestic abuse charge that he later got past by having to serve 500 hours of community service makes for a busy time for Barnaby’s attorney. Driving on three tires though? That’s a new one for the police files and a brutal way to treat a Porsche.
Drunk driving is no joke though and if Barnaby’s having issues, this incident should be a wake-up call for the former NHL brawler turned ESPN analyst.
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 0
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 10
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 64
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 7
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 48
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- Price makes 43 saves as Senators’ magical run ends in controversy 39
- Video: Fast whistle costs Senators potentially critical goal 15
- WATCH LIVE: Today’s Stanley Cup playoff action 3
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance 98
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (114)
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (98)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)