Dec 5, 2011, 11:38 AM EDT
Life isn’t so hot for ESPN NHL analyst Matthew Barnaby.
Barnaby was arrested and charged with DWI early this morning after being pulled over near his home and driving his Porsche that was missing its front driver’s side tire. Barnaby refused to take a breathalyzer test and failed several field sobriety tests.
Making matters all the more awkward was that Barnaby tweeted a photo of himself out enjoying a day of football with pals on Sunday.
Getting busted for DWI months after having to deal with a domestic abuse charge that he later got past by having to serve 500 hours of community service makes for a busy time for Barnaby’s attorney. Driving on three tires though? That’s a new one for the police files and a brutal way to treat a Porsche.
Drunk driving is no joke though and if Barnaby’s having issues, this incident should be a wake-up call for the former NHL brawler turned ESPN analyst.
- Terry Trafford’s body found in Michigan on Tuesday 6
- WATCH LIVE: Washington Capitals at Pittsburgh Penguins 2
- PHT Extra: What happens if the Caps miss the playoffs? 13
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 6
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 54
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 11
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 27
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 19
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Chiasson ‘shaken up’ by Peverley incident, won’t dress for Stars tonight (68)
- Flyers’ Luke Schenn on first-period brawl: ‘That’s the way it goes’ (57)