Dec 5, 2011, 11:38 AM EST
Life isn’t so hot for ESPN NHL analyst Matthew Barnaby.
Barnaby was arrested and charged with DWI early this morning after being pulled over near his home and driving his Porsche that was missing its front driver’s side tire. Barnaby refused to take a breathalyzer test and failed several field sobriety tests.
Making matters all the more awkward was that Barnaby tweeted a photo of himself out enjoying a day of football with pals on Sunday.
Getting busted for DWI months after having to deal with a domestic abuse charge that he later got past by having to serve 500 hours of community service makes for a busy time for Barnaby’s attorney. Driving on three tires though? That’s a new one for the police files and a brutal way to treat a Porsche.
Drunk driving is no joke though and if Barnaby’s having issues, this incident should be a wake-up call for the former NHL brawler turned ESPN analyst.
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 6
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 5
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 7
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- The Leafs are worth almost seven times the Panthers, says Forbes 20
- Isles make some history; Are the Flyers headed for trouble? 43
- Crosby, Malkin power Penguins, help Fleury grab 300th win 7
- Sooner than later? Bruins GM hopes Chara can return in 10-14 days 1
- With worst save percentage in NHL, Oilers fire goalie coach 22
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)