Dec 5, 2011, 11:38 AM EDT
Life isn’t so hot for ESPN NHL analyst Matthew Barnaby.
Barnaby was arrested and charged with DWI early this morning after being pulled over near his home and driving his Porsche that was missing its front driver’s side tire. Barnaby refused to take a breathalyzer test and failed several field sobriety tests.
Making matters all the more awkward was that Barnaby tweeted a photo of himself out enjoying a day of football with pals on Sunday.
Getting busted for DWI months after having to deal with a domestic abuse charge that he later got past by having to serve 500 hours of community service makes for a busy time for Barnaby’s attorney. Driving on three tires though? That’s a new one for the police files and a brutal way to treat a Porsche.
Drunk driving is no joke though and if Barnaby’s having issues, this incident should be a wake-up call for the former NHL brawler turned ESPN analyst.
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 2
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 23
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 30
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 34
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)
- Report: Zuccarello wants $4.5M per on new deal, Brassard eyeing $5.5M (58)