Dec 5, 2011, 11:38 AM EDT
Life isn’t so hot for ESPN NHL analyst Matthew Barnaby.
Barnaby was arrested and charged with DWI early this morning after being pulled over near his home and driving his Porsche that was missing its front driver’s side tire. Barnaby refused to take a breathalyzer test and failed several field sobriety tests.
Making matters all the more awkward was that Barnaby tweeted a photo of himself out enjoying a day of football with pals on Sunday.
Getting busted for DWI months after having to deal with a domestic abuse charge that he later got past by having to serve 500 hours of community service makes for a busy time for Barnaby’s attorney. Driving on three tires though? That’s a new one for the police files and a brutal way to treat a Porsche.
Drunk driving is no joke though and if Barnaby’s having issues, this incident should be a wake-up call for the former NHL brawler turned ESPN analyst.
- The Ducks got Kesler for a game like Saturday’s 8
- Your Lightning-Rangers Game 7 officials are… 1
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win 39
- DeBoer predicts ‘big bounce-back’ in San Jose 12
- Sabres name Bylsma head coach 45
- Lundqvist on Game 7: ‘You’re definitely nervous, but it comes down to teamwork’ 16
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue 56
- Stanley Cup Final to begin June 3 8
- Caps’ Backstrom undergoes arthroscopic hip surgery 6
- Report: Sens’ Murray to retire after next season 1
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)
- Report: Bylsma to Sabres being held up by compensation issue (56)
- On Kreider, and trying ‘to turn the other cheek’ (54)
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL (53)