Dec 5, 2011, 6:47 PM EST
ESPN has fired analyst and former NHL player Matthew Barnaby after his arrest for drunken driving early this morning in the Buffalo suburb of Clarence.
“We spoke with Matthew and informed him we terminated his ESPN contract, effective immediately,” ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz told USA Today.
One expert thinks Barnaby could be deported back to Canada as a result of the incident.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35