Dec 5, 2011, 6:47 PM EDT
ESPN has fired analyst and former NHL player Matthew Barnaby after his arrest for drunken driving early this morning in the Buffalo suburb of Clarence.
“We spoke with Matthew and informed him we terminated his ESPN contract, effective immediately,” ESPN spokesman Josh Krulewitz told USA Today.
One expert thinks Barnaby could be deported back to Canada as a result of the incident.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 9
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 13
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 29
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 9
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25