Dec 4, 2011, 5:55 PM EDT
That is…something. What, I’m not sure. I’ve watched it four times now and all I’m certain of is:
1) That’s Carey Price.
2) He wants you to vote him into the All-Star game.
After that I have no clue what’s going on.
Apparently it has something to do Brice de Nice, a French film about a surfer waiting for the perfect wave. Having watched a few clips of Brice de Nice in action (here and here and here, and I apologize in advance), I’m guessing this character is “European funny” the same way Napoleon Dynamite was “North American funny.” I met this Belgian girl once that told me Napoleon Dynamite was “dark” and kept saying how sorry she felt for him. Me: “Really? Did you not see the part where he fed ham to his pet llama?” Another example of the cultural divide, I suppose.
In closing, I’d like to point out Brice de Nice is six years old, so Montreal’s timing on imitating him is kinda strange — dare I say a little dated. It does open the door for Roberto Luongo to do a Borat-themed video for his ASG campaign, though. Great success!
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 7
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 21
- Blues prevail in longest game in franchise history as Steen scores in third OT 7
- Video: Sharks’ Brown runs Voynov into Quick, scrum ensues 2
- Opportunistic Rangers pull away from Flyers, take 1-0 series lead 53
- WATCH LIVE: Minnesota Wild at Colorado Avalanche (Game 1) 1
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 1) 1
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 25
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 11
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 39