Dec 4, 2011, 5:55 PM EDT
That is…something. What, I’m not sure. I’ve watched it four times now and all I’m certain of is:
1) That’s Carey Price.
2) He wants you to vote him into the All-Star game.
After that I have no clue what’s going on.
Apparently it has something to do Brice de Nice, a French film about a surfer waiting for the perfect wave. Having watched a few clips of Brice de Nice in action (here and here and here, and I apologize in advance), I’m guessing this character is “European funny” the same way Napoleon Dynamite was “North American funny.” I met this Belgian girl once that told me Napoleon Dynamite was “dark” and kept saying how sorry she felt for him. Me: “Really? Did you not see the part where he fed ham to his pet llama?” Another example of the cultural divide, I suppose.
In closing, I’d like to point out Brice de Nice is six years old, so Montreal’s timing on imitating him is kinda strange — dare I say a little dated. It does open the door for Roberto Luongo to do a Borat-themed video for his ASG campaign, though. Great success!
- Habs sign Petry to six-year, $33 million extension 11
- ‘Home-grown talent’ a staple of Blackhawks and Lightning 4
- A holdover from the ‘dark days,’ does Sharp have a future in Chicago? 32
- Bishop: ‘Taller guys…can be just as athletic as the smaller guys’ 6
- Tire pump? Yzerman says Toews is ‘bigger, stronger, better’ than he was 16
- Devils officially announce John Hynes, becomes youngest NHL coach 9
- PHT arrives in Tampa, gets soaked (oh, and today is Media Day) 6
- Ex-Leafs goalie Pogge eyeing North American return 5
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? 86
- Zuccarello (brain contusion, skull fracture) was unable to speak after injury 28
- ‘Hawks rise to occasion in Game 7, head to SCF for third time in six years (95)
- Poll: Should the Ducks fire Boudreau? (86)
- Bolts strike Stanley Cup Final berth thanks to Game 7 win over Rangers (76)
- Is it fair to hold cap teams to old dynasty standards? (74)
- Duchene slams Russian players for storming off after Canada’s 2015 WHC win (65)