Dec 4, 2011, 5:55 PM EDT
That is…something. What, I’m not sure. I’ve watched it four times now and all I’m certain of is:
1) That’s Carey Price.
2) He wants you to vote him into the All-Star game.
After that I have no clue what’s going on.
Apparently it has something to do Brice de Nice, a French film about a surfer waiting for the perfect wave. Having watched a few clips of Brice de Nice in action (here and here and here, and I apologize in advance), I’m guessing this character is “European funny” the same way Napoleon Dynamite was “North American funny.” I met this Belgian girl once that told me Napoleon Dynamite was “dark” and kept saying how sorry she felt for him. Me: “Really? Did you not see the part where he fed ham to his pet llama?” Another example of the cultural divide, I suppose.
In closing, I’d like to point out Brice de Nice is six years old, so Montreal’s timing on imitating him is kinda strange — dare I say a little dated. It does open the door for Roberto Luongo to do a Borat-themed video for his ASG campaign, though. Great success!
- Flames sign Devin Setoguchi 3
- Under Pressure: Turris, MacArthur & Ryan 1
- It’s Ottawa Senators day on PHT 12
- Report: Leiweke to head up Olympic bid in Los Angeles 11
- In praise of John Tavares 14
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 26
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 19
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 39
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33