Dec 4, 2011, 5:55 PM EST
That is…something. What, I’m not sure. I’ve watched it four times now and all I’m certain of is:
1) That’s Carey Price.
2) He wants you to vote him into the All-Star game.
After that I have no clue what’s going on.
Apparently it has something to do Brice de Nice, a French film about a surfer waiting for the perfect wave. Having watched a few clips of Brice de Nice in action (here and here and here, and I apologize in advance), I’m guessing this character is “European funny” the same way Napoleon Dynamite was “North American funny.” I met this Belgian girl once that told me Napoleon Dynamite was “dark” and kept saying how sorry she felt for him. Me: “Really? Did you not see the part where he fed ham to his pet llama?” Another example of the cultural divide, I suppose.
In closing, I’d like to point out Brice de Nice is six years old, so Montreal’s timing on imitating him is kinda strange — dare I say a little dated. It does open the door for Roberto Luongo to do a Borat-themed video for his ASG campaign, though. Great success!
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 2
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 33
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 19
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 45
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15