Dec 4, 2011, 5:55 PM EST
That is…something. What, I’m not sure. I’ve watched it four times now and all I’m certain of is:
1) That’s Carey Price.
2) He wants you to vote him into the All-Star game.
After that I have no clue what’s going on.
Apparently it has something to do Brice de Nice, a French film about a surfer waiting for the perfect wave. Having watched a few clips of Brice de Nice in action (here and here and here, and I apologize in advance), I’m guessing this character is “European funny” the same way Napoleon Dynamite was “North American funny.” I met this Belgian girl once that told me Napoleon Dynamite was “dark” and kept saying how sorry she felt for him. Me: “Really? Did you not see the part where he fed ham to his pet llama?” Another example of the cultural divide, I suppose.
In closing, I’d like to point out Brice de Nice is six years old, so Montreal’s timing on imitating him is kinda strange — dare I say a little dated. It does open the door for Roberto Luongo to do a Borat-themed video for his ASG campaign, though. Great success!
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack 12
- Canucks’ Kassian gets three games for boarding Dillon 19
- TGIF: Why Lightning fans can be upset with St. Louis 27
- Goalie nods: Luongo’s first game back with Panthers, Neuvirth makes Sabres debut 10
- Report: Kuznetsov terminated KHL deal, headed to Washington 20
- Canucks’ Bieksa: ‘If this isn’t rock bottom, I don’t know what is’ 34
- Luongo has Twitter fun at Canucks’ expense 35
- Sabres spoil Callahan’s Lightning debut, Stamkos’ return 7
- Dealing with the Devils: NHL reverses Kovalchuk punishment 47
- Playoff bubble watch — Rangers edition 14
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Sabres announce Pat LaFontaine resigns as president of hockey operations (66)