Dec 4, 2011, 11:28 AM EDT
“I definitely did not demand to be traded,” Sarich told the Calgary Herald. “As long as I’m in Calgary, I want to be here. I want to contribute.
“I know there’s a lot of young guys around here who are getting a chance, and that is part of the hockey business. I’m just trying to stay ready now for whenever I get a chance to play. So that’s my main focus right now.”
The young guys Sarich is referring to are probably rookie defensemen T.J. Brodie, Derek Smith and Joe Piskula, all three of whom played ahead of Sarich in Calgary’s 5-3 win over the Oilers last night. It marked the fifth time Sarich has been a healthy scratch in the last six games.
Sarich did say he recently had a meeting with GM Jay Feaster to discuss a variety of topics, including his belief that he can help the Flames (on the ice, that is.)
“I’m a competitor,” he said. “I want to be out there…But I definitely wasn’t going in there throwing my weight around or saying that I’m completely pissed to be here.
“That wasn’t it.”
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)