Dec 3, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
Seeing Blues LW David Perron return to action for the first time in over a year is a great thing. Missing 97 games with a concussion and being very careful in his rehabilitation, well, you can’t help but draw comparisons to Sidney Crosby.
But Perron’s return will be different than Crosby’s, in that he’s not coming back as the top guy on the team. Instead, Perron returns to a team that is vastly different than the one he played on last year.
Perron hopes to add to a Blues attack that could use an offensive boost. Perron’s morning skate saw him light things up and look ready to roll tonight against Chicago. We can’t expect to see Perron log a ton of minutes, but he’ll be on a line with Patrik Berglund and Matt D’Agostini. Berglund is in need of a lift as his game has slowed down lately and D’Agostini will help push the pace.
The Blues haven’t talked minutes for Perron tonight, but you’d think the target is the same 12-15 minutes the Penguins set for Crosby. Seeing how Perron fares with the physicality will be watched, as will his fitness level in a game situation. One way or another, we’re looking forward to seeing him back in action and hope to see a Crosby-like return.
- Playoffs Tonight: Blackhawks look to ‘ramp up our intensity’ vs Red Wings 2
- Report: Patrick Roy a candidate for Avalanche head coaching job 2
- Senators’ OT hero Greening had fiberglass pieces removed from face 1
- Discuss: Senators win Game 3 in double overtime 30
- Report: Kings’ Stoll may have head, shoulder injuries 12
- Rangers’ goaltending a concern? ‘We know what Henrik is,’ says Tortorella 23
- Discuss: Bruins find scoring touch in Game 2 win over Rangers 33
- Playoffs tonight: Spezza’s Game 3 return, Bruins-Rangers highlight your Sunday 5
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call 64
- Discuss: Sharks win in OT, draw series to 2-1 19
- Alex ‘they wanted Game 7′ Ovechkin to address media today before heading to Worlds (110)
- Question for commenters: What’s the hardest team to support? (94)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1
- PHT: Senators sneak past Penguins in two overtimes
- PHT: Bruins crack Lundqvist, hammer Rangers
- HBT: Cabrera rips three homers, passes Greenberg
- MST: No bumping on Bump Day at Indy 500
- PBT: Spurs have too much offense for Grizz in Gm. 1
- PST: Arsenal grabs Champions League spot