Dec 3, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
Seeing Blues LW David Perron return to action for the first time in over a year is a great thing. Missing 97 games with a concussion and being very careful in his rehabilitation, well, you can’t help but draw comparisons to Sidney Crosby.
But Perron’s return will be different than Crosby’s, in that he’s not coming back as the top guy on the team. Instead, Perron returns to a team that is vastly different than the one he played on last year.
Perron hopes to add to a Blues attack that could use an offensive boost. Perron’s morning skate saw him light things up and look ready to roll tonight against Chicago. We can’t expect to see Perron log a ton of minutes, but he’ll be on a line with Patrik Berglund and Matt D’Agostini. Berglund is in need of a lift as his game has slowed down lately and D’Agostini will help push the pace.
The Blues haven’t talked minutes for Perron tonight, but you’d think the target is the same 12-15 minutes the Penguins set for Crosby. Seeing how Perron fares with the physicality will be watched, as will his fitness level in a game situation. One way or another, we’re looking forward to seeing him back in action and hope to see a Crosby-like return.
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 4
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 9
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 3
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 7
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 22
- Leafs deny rift between Kessel and coaching staff 20
- Injured Crosby, Malkin will miss start of Pens’ camp 10
- Selanne rips Boudreau in book 18
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? 38
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 12
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (54)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)