Dec 3, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
Seeing Blues LW David Perron return to action for the first time in over a year is a great thing. Missing 97 games with a concussion and being very careful in his rehabilitation, well, you can’t help but draw comparisons to Sidney Crosby.
But Perron’s return will be different than Crosby’s, in that he’s not coming back as the top guy on the team. Instead, Perron returns to a team that is vastly different than the one he played on last year.
Perron hopes to add to a Blues attack that could use an offensive boost. Perron’s morning skate saw him light things up and look ready to roll tonight against Chicago. We can’t expect to see Perron log a ton of minutes, but he’ll be on a line with Patrik Berglund and Matt D’Agostini. Berglund is in need of a lift as his game has slowed down lately and D’Agostini will help push the pace.
The Blues haven’t talked minutes for Perron tonight, but you’d think the target is the same 12-15 minutes the Penguins set for Crosby. Seeing how Perron fares with the physicality will be watched, as will his fitness level in a game situation. One way or another, we’re looking forward to seeing him back in action and hope to see a Crosby-like return.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 45
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)