Dec 3, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
Seeing Blues LW David Perron return to action for the first time in over a year is a great thing. Missing 97 games with a concussion and being very careful in his rehabilitation, well, you can’t help but draw comparisons to Sidney Crosby.
But Perron’s return will be different than Crosby’s, in that he’s not coming back as the top guy on the team. Instead, Perron returns to a team that is vastly different than the one he played on last year.
Perron hopes to add to a Blues attack that could use an offensive boost. Perron’s morning skate saw him light things up and look ready to roll tonight against Chicago. We can’t expect to see Perron log a ton of minutes, but he’ll be on a line with Patrik Berglund and Matt D’Agostini. Berglund is in need of a lift as his game has slowed down lately and D’Agostini will help push the pace.
The Blues haven’t talked minutes for Perron tonight, but you’d think the target is the same 12-15 minutes the Penguins set for Crosby. Seeing how Perron fares with the physicality will be watched, as will his fitness level in a game situation. One way or another, we’re looking forward to seeing him back in action and hope to see a Crosby-like return.
- Wings can’t afford regulation loss to Jackets 4
- ‘It’s obvious Tortorella can’t come back next year,’ writes Vancouver reporter 35
- NHL on NBCSN: Capitals fight to earn first win vs. Penguins in 26 months 10
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 25
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 23
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 17
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 25
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 45
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 39
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (71)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)