Dec 3, 2011, 4:29 PM EST
Seeing Blues LW David Perron return to action for the first time in over a year is a great thing. Missing 97 games with a concussion and being very careful in his rehabilitation, well, you can’t help but draw comparisons to Sidney Crosby.
But Perron’s return will be different than Crosby’s, in that he’s not coming back as the top guy on the team. Instead, Perron returns to a team that is vastly different than the one he played on last year.
Perron hopes to add to a Blues attack that could use an offensive boost. Perron’s morning skate saw him light things up and look ready to roll tonight against Chicago. We can’t expect to see Perron log a ton of minutes, but he’ll be on a line with Patrik Berglund and Matt D’Agostini. Berglund is in need of a lift as his game has slowed down lately and D’Agostini will help push the pace.
The Blues haven’t talked minutes for Perron tonight, but you’d think the target is the same 12-15 minutes the Penguins set for Crosby. Seeing how Perron fares with the physicality will be watched, as will his fitness level in a game situation. One way or another, we’re looking forward to seeing him back in action and hope to see a Crosby-like return.
- Video: Team Foligno survives shootout, wins Skills Competition 2
- Video: Weber wins hardest shot with 108.5 mph blast 7
- Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater 7
- WATCH LIVE: NHL All-Star Skills Competition 2
- Will the Youngstars even have a chance? (Updated) 12
- Unique World Cup format allows ‘more of the very best players’ to participate 10
- NHL unveils 2016 Winter Classic, Stadium Series games 17
- Players have fun, show off personalities in water-fueled All-Star Fantasy Draft 9
- Video: ‘Coachable’ Kessel goes from last pick to 2nd overall 5
- Video: Team Foligno takes Ryan Johansen first overall in All-Star Fantasy Draft 1
- Columnist: Flyers ‘orchestrated’ fight night versus Pens during meal at ‘a local steakhouse’ (130)
- Flyers’ Rinaldo: ‘I changed the whole game, man’ (112)
- Video: Rinaldo tossed for boarding Letang (79)
- Metro sensational: Rangers continue dominance of division, Pens (61)
- Report: Flyers’ Rinaldo waives right to an in-person hearing (61)