Dec 3, 2011, 2:28 PM EDT
Call it a return to normalcy in Buffalo. Ryan Miller gets the start tonight against Nashville, returning the Sabres’ No. 1 goalie back to where he belongs after his bout with a concussion/neck injury at the hands of Milan Lucic.
With that drama aside, it’ll be curious to see how Miller handles his return. Miller had struggled this season and Jhonas Enroth pushed him for time in the early going. But Enroth was torched by the Red Wings last night, so perhaps his time of quality play ran out — just in time for Miller to assume control of the net once again.
It will be curious to see how Miller handles duties in goal in his return. Will we see him range out to play the puck like he did against Boston? Will we see the feistier Miller that we’ve seen in post-game press scrums? Some things to keep an eye on tonight against the offensively tricky Predators.
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 2
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 11
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 29
- Bruins sign Beleskey for five years, despite some warning signs 40
- Kessel trade shows Leafs are trying to ‘build this thing the right way’ 26
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 24
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 39
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 17
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 131
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)