Dec 3, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
According to Katie Carrera of The Washington Post, Semin will be out of tonight’s game with a shoulder injury. Carrera reports there isn’t concern for long-term problems from the injury. Stephen Whyno of The Washington Times checks in, confirming it’s a right shoulder injury.
On the upside, at least Semin isn’t being sat for a lack of production or any other issues that lead to poor speculation. On the downside, injuries aren’t what you want to see happen to anyone. Considering Semin still practiced this morning — but didn’t take line rushes — is a slightly encouraging sign.
We’ll see how the Caps fare without him tonight. Seeing Washington earn Dale Hunter’s first victory without Semin in the lineup would surely help stir the pot in D.C.
- Vanquished: Isles stun Canucks with seven-goal third period 19
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 19
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 14
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 8
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 23
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 37
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)