Dec 3, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
According to Katie Carrera of The Washington Post, Semin will be out of tonight’s game with a shoulder injury. Carrera reports there isn’t concern for long-term problems from the injury. Stephen Whyno of The Washington Times checks in, confirming it’s a right shoulder injury.
On the upside, at least Semin isn’t being sat for a lack of production or any other issues that lead to poor speculation. On the downside, injuries aren’t what you want to see happen to anyone. Considering Semin still practiced this morning — but didn’t take line rushes — is a slightly encouraging sign.
We’ll see how the Caps fare without him tonight. Seeing Washington earn Dale Hunter’s first victory without Semin in the lineup would surely help stir the pot in D.C.
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 44
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 63
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 27
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 40
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (63)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)