Dec 3, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
According to Katie Carrera of The Washington Post, Semin will be out of tonight’s game with a shoulder injury. Carrera reports there isn’t concern for long-term problems from the injury. Stephen Whyno of The Washington Times checks in, confirming it’s a right shoulder injury.
On the upside, at least Semin isn’t being sat for a lack of production or any other issues that lead to poor speculation. On the downside, injuries aren’t what you want to see happen to anyone. Considering Semin still practiced this morning — but didn’t take line rushes — is a slightly encouraging sign.
We’ll see how the Caps fare without him tonight. Seeing Washington earn Dale Hunter’s first victory without Semin in the lineup would surely help stir the pot in D.C.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 11
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 9
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 35
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)