Dec 3, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
According to Katie Carrera of The Washington Post, Semin will be out of tonight’s game with a shoulder injury. Carrera reports there isn’t concern for long-term problems from the injury. Stephen Whyno of The Washington Times checks in, confirming it’s a right shoulder injury.
On the upside, at least Semin isn’t being sat for a lack of production or any other issues that lead to poor speculation. On the downside, injuries aren’t what you want to see happen to anyone. Considering Semin still practiced this morning — but didn’t take line rushes — is a slightly encouraging sign.
We’ll see how the Caps fare without him tonight. Seeing Washington earn Dale Hunter’s first victory without Semin in the lineup would surely help stir the pot in D.C.
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 14
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain 29
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal 29
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal 42
- Advancement? Leafs sign Booth for one year, $1.1M 25
- Leafs hire 28-year-old stats advocate as assistant GM 30
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 68
- Stars, Roussel agree on four-year, $8 million deal 3
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation 61
- Return that toaster: Ovechkin-Kirilenko engagement broken off 53
- Kane, Toews could’ve commanded $13.8M cap hits, says agent (83)
- Babcock fires back over allegations that free agents avoid him (77)
- Babcock: Cleary a ‘calculated risk’ after playing last year ‘on one leg’ (70)
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (68)
- Vanek connected to federal gambling investigation (61)