Dec 3, 2011, 1:00 PM EDT
According to Katie Carrera of The Washington Post, Semin will be out of tonight’s game with a shoulder injury. Carrera reports there isn’t concern for long-term problems from the injury. Stephen Whyno of The Washington Times checks in, confirming it’s a right shoulder injury.
On the upside, at least Semin isn’t being sat for a lack of production or any other issues that lead to poor speculation. On the downside, injuries aren’t what you want to see happen to anyone. Considering Semin still practiced this morning — but didn’t take line rushes — is a slightly encouraging sign.
We’ll see how the Caps fare without him tonight. Seeing Washington earn Dale Hunter’s first victory without Semin in the lineup would surely help stir the pot in D.C.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)