Dec 3, 2011, 1:50 PM EST
Versteeg caught an elbow in the face from Joslin on Tuesday, one that appeared to be accidental in nature as Versteeg stepped on Joslin’s stick causing him to fall forward into Joslin. The league and Brendan Shanahan reviewed the hit and took no action against Joslin. Versteeg, to say the least, still isn’t very happy about the situation as he told Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel.
Versteeg said he didn’t want to complain about the situation and then… Went on to complain about it blaming the lack of action taken on the play because the game was between two small market teams.
Versteeg capped off his non-complaining complaint saying that if the game happened to be between Boston and Montreal that coverage of the hit would be everywhere. While big market games earn a lot more attention, terrible hits get tons of airtime as well. In this case, the shot Versteeg took was bad but purely accidental and with no ill intent.
While Versteeg looks to get himself cleared to play, maybe he can take solace in the fact that he’s found a team where he can dominate with his ice time and continue taking full advantage of being a first line scorer. You know, look for that silver lining instead of focus on the negatives.
- The Atlantic Division race is going to be fascinating 0
- Flyers rally as Zepp wins his career debut at 33 years old 16
- Oilers squander three-goal lead, lose 18th time in 19 games 10
- Pickard makes one last bid to stay, beats Wings in nine-round SO 6
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno 35
- Giroux line takes Leafs ‘to school’ in Flyers’ 7-4 victory 17
- Wolverine Pacioretty gets two assists just two days after being hospitalized 18
- Ovechkin scores beauty as Caps shutout Devils 8
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 6
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 40