Dec 3, 2011, 1:50 PM EST
Versteeg caught an elbow in the face from Joslin on Tuesday, one that appeared to be accidental in nature as Versteeg stepped on Joslin’s stick causing him to fall forward into Joslin. The league and Brendan Shanahan reviewed the hit and took no action against Joslin. Versteeg, to say the least, still isn’t very happy about the situation as he told Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel.
Versteeg said he didn’t want to complain about the situation and then… Went on to complain about it blaming the lack of action taken on the play because the game was between two small market teams.
Versteeg capped off his non-complaining complaint saying that if the game happened to be between Boston and Montreal that coverage of the hit would be everywhere. While big market games earn a lot more attention, terrible hits get tons of airtime as well. In this case, the shot Versteeg took was bad but purely accidental and with no ill intent.
While Versteeg looks to get himself cleared to play, maybe he can take solace in the fact that he’s found a team where he can dominate with his ice time and continue taking full advantage of being a first line scorer. You know, look for that silver lining instead of focus on the negatives.
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 10
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 7
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 20
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 31
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5
- Video: Lundqvist could be back in 10 to 14 days 7
- Isles’ Martin suspended one game for ‘reckless’ knee on Daley 14
- More bad luck for the B’s — Connolly out 6 weeks with fractured finger 23
- Fehr willing to give Panthers ‘a reasonable opportunity’ to redevelop market 54