Dec 3, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
Versteeg caught an elbow in the face from Joslin on Tuesday, one that appeared to be accidental in nature as Versteeg stepped on Joslin’s stick causing him to fall forward into Joslin. The league and Brendan Shanahan reviewed the hit and took no action against Joslin. Versteeg, to say the least, still isn’t very happy about the situation as he told Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel.
Versteeg said he didn’t want to complain about the situation and then… Went on to complain about it blaming the lack of action taken on the play because the game was between two small market teams.
Versteeg capped off his non-complaining complaint saying that if the game happened to be between Boston and Montreal that coverage of the hit would be everywhere. While big market games earn a lot more attention, terrible hits get tons of airtime as well. In this case, the shot Versteeg took was bad but purely accidental and with no ill intent.
While Versteeg looks to get himself cleared to play, maybe he can take solace in the fact that he’s found a team where he can dominate with his ice time and continue taking full advantage of being a first line scorer. You know, look for that silver lining instead of focus on the negatives.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)