Dec 3, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
Versteeg caught an elbow in the face from Joslin on Tuesday, one that appeared to be accidental in nature as Versteeg stepped on Joslin’s stick causing him to fall forward into Joslin. The league and Brendan Shanahan reviewed the hit and took no action against Joslin. Versteeg, to say the least, still isn’t very happy about the situation as he told Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel.
Versteeg said he didn’t want to complain about the situation and then… Went on to complain about it blaming the lack of action taken on the play because the game was between two small market teams.
Versteeg capped off his non-complaining complaint saying that if the game happened to be between Boston and Montreal that coverage of the hit would be everywhere. While big market games earn a lot more attention, terrible hits get tons of airtime as well. In this case, the shot Versteeg took was bad but purely accidental and with no ill intent.
While Versteeg looks to get himself cleared to play, maybe he can take solace in the fact that he’s found a team where he can dominate with his ice time and continue taking full advantage of being a first line scorer. You know, look for that silver lining instead of focus on the negatives.
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 24
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 5
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 40
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 34
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13
- Under Pressure: Jimmy Howard 6
- Looking to make the leap: Anthony Mantha 21