Dec 3, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
Versteeg caught an elbow in the face from Joslin on Tuesday, one that appeared to be accidental in nature as Versteeg stepped on Joslin’s stick causing him to fall forward into Joslin. The league and Brendan Shanahan reviewed the hit and took no action against Joslin. Versteeg, to say the least, still isn’t very happy about the situation as he told Harvey Fialkov of the Sun-Sentinel.
Versteeg said he didn’t want to complain about the situation and then… Went on to complain about it blaming the lack of action taken on the play because the game was between two small market teams.
Versteeg capped off his non-complaining complaint saying that if the game happened to be between Boston and Montreal that coverage of the hit would be everywhere. While big market games earn a lot more attention, terrible hits get tons of airtime as well. In this case, the shot Versteeg took was bad but purely accidental and with no ill intent.
While Versteeg looks to get himself cleared to play, maybe he can take solace in the fact that he’s found a team where he can dominate with his ice time and continue taking full advantage of being a first line scorer. You know, look for that silver lining instead of focus on the negatives.
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 4
- Update: NHL wants to see fine system in action before publicizing diving 3
- Get your odds to make the playoffs for all 30 NHL teams 12
- Blue Jackets GM to Johansen: It’s about the team, not ‘one guy’ 24
- Will the NHL publicize divers? 48
- Report: NHL, Epix network to partner on Winter Classic reality series 17
- Habs to play without captain for just second time in franchise history 16
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman 53
- Devils post-Martin Brodeur era about to truly start 9
- Report: Rangers expected to announce captain on Thursday 12