Dec 3, 2011, 5:25 PM EDT
Thornton’s brutal check to Perron after exiting the penalty box last season put Perron down on the ice and infuriated Blues fans. Thornton was suspended two games for the blindside check, but fan memories being as long as they are, the hard feelings took a while to dissipate.
Fast forward to today and Perron’s return to action with St. Louis, Thornton went out of his way to wish Perron well upon his comeback and it was Perron sharing that information with us all via Twitter.
Thornton might still catch grief from Blues fans for the unfortunate situation with Perron, but with Perron back on the ice and bygones apparently being bygones, it’s good to see these guys put it aside to root each other on.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 7
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 57
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 36
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)