Dec 3, 2011, 5:25 PM EST
Thornton’s brutal check to Perron after exiting the penalty box last season put Perron down on the ice and infuriated Blues fans. Thornton was suspended two games for the blindside check, but fan memories being as long as they are, the hard feelings took a while to dissipate.
Fast forward to today and Perron’s return to action with St. Louis, Thornton went out of his way to wish Perron well upon his comeback and it was Perron sharing that information with us all via Twitter.
Thornton might still catch grief from Blues fans for the unfortunate situation with Perron, but with Perron back on the ice and bygones apparently being bygones, it’s good to see these guys put it aside to root each other on.
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head 154
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller 98
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ 120
- Lecavalier out 3-4 weeks with non-displaced fracture in back 8
- Islanders players hold closed-door meeting after ninth straight loss 15
- Penguins’ Neal has phone hearing for knee on Bruins’ Marchand 90
- Shawn Thornton confirms hearing with NHL Department of Player Safety (Updated) 88
- Video: Penguins’ Neal knees Bruins’ Marchand 69
- Penguins announce Brooks Orpik ‘alert and conscious’ (Updated) 47
- Shawn Thornton: ‘People could probably criticize that I’m a little too honorable’ 78
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (154)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (128)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (120)
- Report: Dion Phaneuf will face hearing for hit on Kevan Miller (98)