Dec 3, 2011, 5:25 PM EDT
Thornton’s brutal check to Perron after exiting the penalty box last season put Perron down on the ice and infuriated Blues fans. Thornton was suspended two games for the blindside check, but fan memories being as long as they are, the hard feelings took a while to dissipate.
Fast forward to today and Perron’s return to action with St. Louis, Thornton went out of his way to wish Perron well upon his comeback and it was Perron sharing that information with us all via Twitter.
Thornton might still catch grief from Blues fans for the unfortunate situation with Perron, but with Perron back on the ice and bygones apparently being bygones, it’s good to see these guys put it aside to root each other on.
- Video: Lundqvist helps lead Rangers back to New York for Game 7 1
- Lightning get taken to ‘school of hard knocks’ in third-period collapse 4
- A storm brewing: Rangers rally to force Game 7 with Lightning (Video) 10
- Video: Lundqvist stones Stamkos with left-pad save 0
- Bob Clarke really doesn’t care for tanking 34
- Hitchcock re-signs for one more year in St. Louis 9
- Ducks win crazy Game 5, push ‘Hawks to edge of elimination 32
- WATCH LIVE: Blackhawks at Ducks, Game 5 of Western Conference Final 3
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 4
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 38
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (75)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks (66)