Dec 3, 2011, 5:25 PM EDT
Thornton’s brutal check to Perron after exiting the penalty box last season put Perron down on the ice and infuriated Blues fans. Thornton was suspended two games for the blindside check, but fan memories being as long as they are, the hard feelings took a while to dissipate.
Fast forward to today and Perron’s return to action with St. Louis, Thornton went out of his way to wish Perron well upon his comeback and it was Perron sharing that information with us all via Twitter.
Thornton might still catch grief from Blues fans for the unfortunate situation with Perron, but with Perron back on the ice and bygones apparently being bygones, it’s good to see these guys put it aside to root each other on.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 9
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 34
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 30
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6