Dec 3, 2011, 11:42 AM EDT
He’s missed the team’s last eight games, but Chris Neil is back tonight for the Senators. The always pugnacious and ever-irritating Neil returns to a Senators team that’s hanging on this season and needs of an injection of toughness.
Neil’s been out since Nov. 9 with an ankle injury suffered against the Rangers. He’s known as a guy that plays with an edge and is eager to put a fist in the face of anyone that isn’t named Colton Orr.
Either way, the Senators toughness level will jump a few notches tonight against Washington, a team that goes without an enforcer on the ice.
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 8
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 8
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 20
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 21
- Sabres lock up O’Reilly through 2022-23 71
- Locked in: Columbus signs Saad to six-year, $36M deal 27
- Oilers sign McDavid to entry-level contract 29
- ‘Hawks would like to re-sign Oduya, but still working through ‘financial hurdles’ 17
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 73
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 66
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick (73)