Dec 3, 2011, 11:42 AM EDT
He’s missed the team’s last eight games, but Chris Neil is back tonight for the Senators. The always pugnacious and ever-irritating Neil returns to a Senators team that’s hanging on this season and needs of an injection of toughness.
Neil’s been out since Nov. 9 with an ankle injury suffered against the Rangers. He’s known as a guy that plays with an edge and is eager to put a fist in the face of anyone that isn’t named Colton Orr.
Either way, the Senators toughness level will jump a few notches tonight against Washington, a team that goes without an enforcer on the ice.
- WATCH LIVE: Kings at Blackhawks 0
- Blackhawks tease good injury news for Kane 1
- Tough times in Tampa: Garrison out 3-4 weeks after ‘pretty dirty’ Abdelkader hit 22
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- NHL on NBCSN: Stakes high for Kings, ‘Hawks tonight 21
- Blackhawks’ Sharp: ‘We knew we had to get two points’ 12
- Video: Brian Engblom takes a puck to the head 13
- Flames jump back into third in Pacific, beat Preds 6
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 18
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 7