Dec 2, 2011, 11:11 AM EDT
Players demanding to be traded just ain’t what it used to be.
While it’s noble that Sarich wants an opportunity to play games again and free Calgary from his $3.6 million cap hit, it’s going to be awfully hard to find a team that has that kind of salary space for a fifth or sixth defenseman.
While Sarich is a physical blueliner that’s happy to drop the gloves, his skills have fallen to where the struggling Flames aren’t playing him. With Sarich due to be a free agent after this season, he makes out to be a very expensive (and not overly useful) rental player. Good luck to GM Jay Feaster for trying to help grant Sarich’s wish.
Chances are if Sarich is going to be “traded” at all, it’ll be to the Flames AHL affiliate in Abbotsford.
- Happy now? Kessel dropped 13 lbs. this summer 18
- Rich Peverley retires from NHL, joins Stars’ front office 10
- Update: Multiple witnesses reportedly subpoenaed in Patrick Kane rape investigation 40
- Jonathan Toews talks about the Patrick Kane situation 28
- Voynov detained by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement 26
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Report: Hawks’ Kane has not been asked to waive his no-move clause (49)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (43)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)