Dec 2, 2011, 11:11 AM EST
Players demanding to be traded just ain’t what it used to be.
While it’s noble that Sarich wants an opportunity to play games again and free Calgary from his $3.6 million cap hit, it’s going to be awfully hard to find a team that has that kind of salary space for a fifth or sixth defenseman.
While Sarich is a physical blueliner that’s happy to drop the gloves, his skills have fallen to where the struggling Flames aren’t playing him. With Sarich due to be a free agent after this season, he makes out to be a very expensive (and not overly useful) rental player. Good luck to GM Jay Feaster for trying to help grant Sarich’s wish.
Chances are if Sarich is going to be “traded” at all, it’ll be to the Flames AHL affiliate in Abbotsford.
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 45
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 72
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 20
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 55
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 17
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 74
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 49
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (72)