Dec 2, 2011, 9:43 AM EDT
Drawing the ire of L.A.’s Mike Richards isn’t hard to do. Just looking at him the wrong way will get you shoved (at the very least). Well, Florida’s Sean Bergenheim drew that ire last night, connecting with Richards on a big hit that put Richards out of the game in the second period.
Bergenheim caught Richards in the head with his shoulder, but is it the kind of hit that will lead to him further punishment? Only Brendan Shanahan knows, but after taking a look at video it’s tough to see how Bergenheim is at fault for connecting with Richards’ head.
Have a look for yourself and see what you think. For me, it looks like Bergenheim’s principle point of impact was the shoulder and Richards’ head got dinged on the follow-through. It doesn’t look intentional, more a byproduct of a solid hit.
Then again, I’m just a jerk with a keyboard. So, suspendable or not?
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 3
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)