Dec 2, 2011, 9:43 AM EDT
Drawing the ire of L.A.’s Mike Richards isn’t hard to do. Just looking at him the wrong way will get you shoved (at the very least). Well, Florida’s Sean Bergenheim drew that ire last night, connecting with Richards on a big hit that put Richards out of the game in the second period.
Bergenheim caught Richards in the head with his shoulder, but is it the kind of hit that will lead to him further punishment? Only Brendan Shanahan knows, but after taking a look at video it’s tough to see how Bergenheim is at fault for connecting with Richards’ head.
Have a look for yourself and see what you think. For me, it looks like Bergenheim’s principle point of impact was the shoulder and Richards’ head got dinged on the follow-through. It doesn’t look intentional, more a byproduct of a solid hit.
Then again, I’m just a jerk with a keyboard. So, suspendable or not?
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 6
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 16
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 9
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 51
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 21
- Playoffs Tonight: Kings look for ‘killer instinct’ against Sharks 10
- Brother says Patrick Roy will be Avs’ head coach 21
- Video: Controversy colors Blackhawks goal, disallowed score 56
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago 88
- Video: Viktor Stalberg returns after head-first sprawl into boards 2
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (88)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- McPhee says lack of power plays ‘didn’t feel right’; Torts says Washington is ‘whining’ (70)
- Penner blasts refs for having ‘gall to guess’ on goalie interference call (64)
- Sharks pull even with Kings
- PBT: Cavs win NBA draft lottery, will pick No. 1
- Spurs survive Grizzlies' late run, win in OT
- PHT: Bruins rally in third, put Rangers in 3-0 hole
- Durant pledges $1 million for tornado victims
- GTC: Garcia offers Tiger 'fried chicken' for dinner
- HBT: Angels' Trout hits for cycle against Mariners