Dec 2, 2011, 9:43 AM EST
Drawing the ire of L.A.’s Mike Richards isn’t hard to do. Just looking at him the wrong way will get you shoved (at the very least). Well, Florida’s Sean Bergenheim drew that ire last night, connecting with Richards on a big hit that put Richards out of the game in the second period.
Bergenheim caught Richards in the head with his shoulder, but is it the kind of hit that will lead to him further punishment? Only Brendan Shanahan knows, but after taking a look at video it’s tough to see how Bergenheim is at fault for connecting with Richards’ head.
Have a look for yourself and see what you think. For me, it looks like Bergenheim’s principle point of impact was the shoulder and Richards’ head got dinged on the follow-through. It doesn’t look intentional, more a byproduct of a solid hit.
Then again, I’m just a jerk with a keyboard. So, suspendable or not?
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 16
- Columbus puts Bobrovsky (groin) on IR, out 4-5 weeks 1
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Olympic odds, Russia’s defense, King Henrik’s new deal, Fire Cappy? and more 27
- With Lundqvist deal done, Sather faces tough questions 11
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension 41
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks 52
- Report: NHL set to finally pay Gretzky at least $7M 15
- Kadri out as falling Leafs start tough stretch vs. Sharks 9
- Wounded Wings: Zetterberg (back) out, joins Datsyuk on shelf 7
- Burrows out with broken jaw (Update: expected to miss at least four weeks) 22
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (52)
- King of New York: Rangers sign Lundqvist to seven-year, $59.5 million extension (41)
- Panthers announced attendance Tuesday night lowest since 2008 (37)
- Islanders embarrassed in fifth consecutive loss (33)