Dec 2, 2011, 9:43 AM EDT
Drawing the ire of L.A.’s Mike Richards isn’t hard to do. Just looking at him the wrong way will get you shoved (at the very least). Well, Florida’s Sean Bergenheim drew that ire last night, connecting with Richards on a big hit that put Richards out of the game in the second period.
Bergenheim caught Richards in the head with his shoulder, but is it the kind of hit that will lead to him further punishment? Only Brendan Shanahan knows, but after taking a look at video it’s tough to see how Bergenheim is at fault for connecting with Richards’ head.
Have a look for yourself and see what you think. For me, it looks like Bergenheim’s principle point of impact was the shoulder and Richards’ head got dinged on the follow-through. It doesn’t look intentional, more a byproduct of a solid hit.
Then again, I’m just a jerk with a keyboard. So, suspendable or not?
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 2
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)