Dec 2, 2011, 9:43 AM EDT
Drawing the ire of L.A.’s Mike Richards isn’t hard to do. Just looking at him the wrong way will get you shoved (at the very least). Well, Florida’s Sean Bergenheim drew that ire last night, connecting with Richards on a big hit that put Richards out of the game in the second period.
Bergenheim caught Richards in the head with his shoulder, but is it the kind of hit that will lead to him further punishment? Only Brendan Shanahan knows, but after taking a look at video it’s tough to see how Bergenheim is at fault for connecting with Richards’ head.
Have a look for yourself and see what you think. For me, it looks like Bergenheim’s principle point of impact was the shoulder and Richards’ head got dinged on the follow-through. It doesn’t look intentional, more a byproduct of a solid hit.
Then again, I’m just a jerk with a keyboard. So, suspendable or not?
- It’s Detroit Red Wings Day at PHT 11
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 30
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 33
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 29
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (45)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)