Dec 2, 2011, 7:47 PM EST
Anarchists. Thugs. Criminals. Hooligans. Ruffians. Hoods. Beauty queens.
Yes, Vancouver’s Stanley Cup riot brought together an eclectic collection of individuals. The Province newspaper is reporting that Sophie LaBoissonniere, a 20-year-old beauty-pageant contestant, is among the latest alleged participants in the mob that tore apart the city’s downtown on June 15.
LaBoissonniere – who (you couldn’t make this up) was named Miss Congeniality in one of her pageants – is facing two charges, one for participating in a riot, the other for break and enter.
No truth to the rumor LaBoissonniere twirls a flaming baton through a car window for the talent portion of her pageants.
Image via sophielaboissonnierenewyear.blogspot.com (now defunct)
- Report: Salary cap ‘may be around’ $70 million next season 2
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 2
- Report: Laviolette a candidate to replace Capuano 14
- Sharks say Fleury was ‘shaky’ and ‘fighting it’ in 44-save victory 46
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) 54
- Seguin (concussion) cleared to play tonight 0
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ 87
- Will the Rangers use a compliance buyout on Richards? 9
- Malkin (lower body) to miss tonight’s game versus Sharks 20
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ 59
- Bylsma: Sharks are NHL’s best, ‘with all due respect to Chicago’ (87)
- Flyers’ Couturier: ‘We’re starting to believe in ourselves’ (59)
- Boychuk boarded by Pacioretty, taken off on stretcher (Update: has movement in extremities) (54)
- Lehtonen shines, Roussel agitates as Stars beat ‘Hawks (53)
- Video: Canucks’ Bieksa fights Rangers’ Boyle, then kicks Boyle’s helmet (52)