Dec 2, 2011, 7:47 PM EDT
Anarchists. Thugs. Criminals. Hooligans. Ruffians. Hoods. Beauty queens.
Yes, Vancouver’s Stanley Cup riot brought together an eclectic collection of individuals. The Province newspaper is reporting that Sophie LaBoissonniere, a 20-year-old beauty-pageant contestant, is among the latest alleged participants in the mob that tore apart the city’s downtown on June 15.
LaBoissonniere – who (you couldn’t make this up) was named Miss Congeniality in one of her pageants – is facing two charges, one for participating in a riot, the other for break and enter.
No truth to the rumor LaBoissonniere twirls a flaming baton through a car window for the talent portion of her pageants.
Image via sophielaboissonnierenewyear.blogspot.com (now defunct)
- Risk Factors: Philadelphia Flyers edition 2
- Risk Factors: St. Louis Blues edition 10
- Ryan agrees to seven-year, $50.75 million extension 18
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 37
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 10
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (37)
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Pittsburgh releases Daniel Carcillo from tryout (26)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)