Dec 2, 2011, 7:47 PM EST
Anarchists. Thugs. Criminals. Hooligans. Ruffians. Hoods. Beauty queens.
Yes, Vancouver’s Stanley Cup riot brought together an eclectic collection of individuals. The Province newspaper is reporting that Sophie LaBoissonniere, a 20-year-old beauty-pageant contestant, is among the latest alleged participants in the mob that tore apart the city’s downtown on June 15.
LaBoissonniere – who (you couldn’t make this up) was named Miss Congeniality in one of her pageants – is facing two charges, one for participating in a riot, the other for break and enter.
No truth to the rumor LaBoissonniere twirls a flaming baton through a car window for the talent portion of her pageants.
Image via sophielaboissonnierenewyear.blogspot.com (now defunct)
- Byfuglien out 2-4 weeks with upper-body injury; Little hurt, too 0
- Season over: Avs lose MacKinnon to broken foot 6
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 11
- Bruins sign Krug and Smith to contract extensions 29
- Lawyer: Ribeiro to ‘vigorously fight’ $1M lawsuit alleging abuse of ex-nanny (Updated) 15
- In praise of the Hamburglar 14
- Leafs’ Panik latest to be fined for diving 9
- Connor McDavid is just on fire right now 21
- Video: Zidlicky’s first goal with Detroit gives Red Wings OT win over Rangers 32
- Video: P.K. Subban illustrates hockey instincts through GoPro camera perspective 5