Dec 2, 2011, 7:47 PM EDT
Anarchists. Thugs. Criminals. Hooligans. Ruffians. Hoods. Beauty queens.
Yes, Vancouver’s Stanley Cup riot brought together an eclectic collection of individuals. The Province newspaper is reporting that Sophie LaBoissonniere, a 20-year-old beauty-pageant contestant, is among the latest alleged participants in the mob that tore apart the city’s downtown on June 15.
LaBoissonniere – who (you couldn’t make this up) was named Miss Congeniality in one of her pageants – is facing two charges, one for participating in a riot, the other for break and enter.
No truth to the rumor LaBoissonniere twirls a flaming baton through a car window for the talent portion of her pageants.
Image via sophielaboissonnierenewyear.blogspot.com (now defunct)
- Panthers owners say they’re committed even though team has lost ‘tremendous amounts of money’ 7
- Update: Wild’s Harding out indefinitely with fractured foot 19
- Johansen heads home from Columbus as talks get even messier 17
- Kesler accuses Vancouver media of making up stories, ‘throwing people under the bus’ 22
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal 50
- Mike Yeo is pretty unhappy with Minnesota’s goalie situation 22
- Much to his relief, Lecavalier will start season at center 15
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands 61
- Advantage Kuemper? Harding on crutches after ankle injury 15
- Done deal, finally: Wings ink DeKeyser to two-year, $4.375M extension 11
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (61)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (50)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)