Dec 2, 2011, 1:21 PM EST
Reimer has been out since late October after suffering a whiplash-like injury against Montreal. Whether you choose to believe the Leafs saying it was whiplash or Reimer’s mother saying it was a concussion is up to you, but either way he’s been out of action for over a month.
Reimer won’t get right back to action on Saturday night against Boston, however. James Mirtle reports that Ron Wilson has named Gustavsson the starter for that game — but Toronto has given up 19 goals to Boston in three games this season, so maybe we’ll see Reimer after all.
One thing’s for sure: If the Leafs can keep doing what they’re doing and Reimer returns to form, the possibility of Leafs Nation of seeing their team in the postseason becomes very real.
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 1
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 16
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)