Dec 2, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
Reimer has been out since late October after suffering a whiplash-like injury against Montreal. Whether you choose to believe the Leafs saying it was whiplash or Reimer’s mother saying it was a concussion is up to you, but either way he’s been out of action for over a month.
Reimer won’t get right back to action on Saturday night against Boston, however. James Mirtle reports that Ron Wilson has named Gustavsson the starter for that game — but Toronto has given up 19 goals to Boston in three games this season, so maybe we’ll see Reimer after all.
One thing’s for sure: If the Leafs can keep doing what they’re doing and Reimer returns to form, the possibility of Leafs Nation of seeing their team in the postseason becomes very real.
- Penguins blow three-goal lead, Columbus evens series 0
- NHL suspends Matt Cooke for seven games 58
- Ducks’ Getzlaf (upper body) isn’t available for Game 4 (Updated) 3
- Two years after winning the Cup, the Kings’ ‘mix’ comes into question 39
- Duck drama: Selanne to sit as healthy scratch in Game 4 15
- MacKinnon, Johnson and Palat named Calder Trophy finalists 11
- Sharks beat Kings in OT, take 3-0 stranglehold on series 43
- Rangers chase Emery, top Flyers for 2-1 series lead 56
- Bruins dominate Red Wings, take 2-1 series lead 49
- And then there were 15: Lightning eliminated 86
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (153)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (136)
- Keith doesn’t remember if he taunted Backes after Seabrook hit (125)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (118)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)