Dec 2, 2011, 1:21 PM EDT
Reimer has been out since late October after suffering a whiplash-like injury against Montreal. Whether you choose to believe the Leafs saying it was whiplash or Reimer’s mother saying it was a concussion is up to you, but either way he’s been out of action for over a month.
Reimer won’t get right back to action on Saturday night against Boston, however. James Mirtle reports that Ron Wilson has named Gustavsson the starter for that game — but Toronto has given up 19 goals to Boston in three games this season, so maybe we’ll see Reimer after all.
One thing’s for sure: If the Leafs can keep doing what they’re doing and Reimer returns to form, the possibility of Leafs Nation of seeing their team in the postseason becomes very real.
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 1
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 26
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79
- Bulletin-board material: Why your team won’t win the Stanley Cup 36
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? 57
- 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs: PHT’s Round 1 picks 35
- Pressing Question: Can the Blackhawks avoid the Stanley Cup hangover? 10
- Florida wins ’14 NHL draft lottery, will pick first overall 42
- Philly mum on Mason’s availability for Game 1 vs. Rangers 26
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers (79)
- Lightning’s Malone arrested for DUI, cocaine possession (73)
- Update: Daniel Sedin in stable condition, hospitalized after scary hit (58)
- PHT staff picks: Who’s going to win the Stanley Cup? (57)