Dec 2, 2011, 10:24 AM EDT
Well, this should be good and divisive.
Carlson appeared to take a run at Cooke’s head with a move Cooke knows all too well, sticking his elbow out to hit Cooke as the two collided. The amount of irony in seeing Cooke knocked down to the ice by way of a highly dubious hit is not lost on us. We’re also sure there’s no one outside of Pittsburgh feeling sorry for Cooke, either.
Of course, Pittsburgh fans are less than pleased with the situation — and they might have a beef here.
So did the league make a mistake in letting Carlson go without even so much as a hearing? Take a look at the video and see for yourself.
- It’s New York Islanders Day at PHT 6
- McDavid on teams possibly tanking for him: ‘It’s pretty crazy’ 12
- Fanspeak: Lemieux (stunner!) voted greatest Penguin in franchise history 38
- Under Pressure: Mike Johnston 17
- It’s Pittsburgh Penguins Day at PHT 33
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 47
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 53
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 36
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother (Updated) 31
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 30