Dec 2, 2011, 10:24 AM EDT
Well, this should be good and divisive.
Carlson appeared to take a run at Cooke’s head with a move Cooke knows all too well, sticking his elbow out to hit Cooke as the two collided. The amount of irony in seeing Cooke knocked down to the ice by way of a highly dubious hit is not lost on us. We’re also sure there’s no one outside of Pittsburgh feeling sorry for Cooke, either.
Of course, Pittsburgh fans are less than pleased with the situation — and they might have a beef here.
So did the league make a mistake in letting Carlson go without even so much as a hearing? Take a look at the video and see for yourself.
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 0
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 15
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 52
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 9
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)