Dec 2, 2011, 9:18 PM EDT
After one of the most miserable starts of the post-lockout era, the Columbus Blue Jackets have been showing a little life lately. Getting top additions Jeff Carter and James Wisniewski back didn’t hurt, while the rise of Curtis Sanford really got things going. Unfortunately, it looks like the Blue Jackets will have to try to get out of the West basement without Carter tonight, according to Aaron Portzline.
Portzline notes that Carter suffered some kind of leg injury in a game against the Calgary Flames on Thursday, but returned later on in that contest.
Any injury – particularly one to a player as crucial as Carter – is a bad thing. Still, the fact that it’s leg-related is especially worrisome since he missed 10 games with a fractured foot earlier this season.
Update: Well, the good news is that it sounds like Carter’s issues aren’t related to that fractured food. Portzline reports that Carter has a sprained ankle, which puts him in the frequently frustrating day-to-day category. He might be available for Tuesday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens, but we’ll have to wait and see.
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 0
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 15
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 30
- Lundqvist shuts out Red Wings to claim 300th victory 10
- NHL on NBCSN: Hawks know they can’t take Sabres lightly 10
- NHL on NBC: Red Wings, Rangers fight to cling onto playoff spots 2
- Video: Flames score center-ice goal against Canucks’ Lack 19
- Stars believe Lehtonen suffered concussion from Haula collision (update) 23
- Video: Stars retire Mike Modano’s jersey 11
- Rostislav Klesla passes on joining Sabres organization following trade 12
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Report: Canucks want center, top prospect and first-rounder for Kesler (68)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (66)