Dec 2, 2011, 9:18 PM EDT
After one of the most miserable starts of the post-lockout era, the Columbus Blue Jackets have been showing a little life lately. Getting top additions Jeff Carter and James Wisniewski back didn’t hurt, while the rise of Curtis Sanford really got things going. Unfortunately, it looks like the Blue Jackets will have to try to get out of the West basement without Carter tonight, according to Aaron Portzline.
Portzline notes that Carter suffered some kind of leg injury in a game against the Calgary Flames on Thursday, but returned later on in that contest.
Any injury – particularly one to a player as crucial as Carter – is a bad thing. Still, the fact that it’s leg-related is especially worrisome since he missed 10 games with a fractured foot earlier this season.
Update: Well, the good news is that it sounds like Carter’s issues aren’t related to that fractured food. Portzline reports that Carter has a sprained ankle, which puts him in the frequently frustrating day-to-day category. He might be available for Tuesday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens, but we’ll have to wait and see.
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 2
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 26
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 40
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 29
- After Howard fails to ‘bounce back,’ Mrazek to receive ‘opportunity’ 36
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT (58)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)