Dec 2, 2011, 9:18 PM EDT
After one of the most miserable starts of the post-lockout era, the Columbus Blue Jackets have been showing a little life lately. Getting top additions Jeff Carter and James Wisniewski back didn’t hurt, while the rise of Curtis Sanford really got things going. Unfortunately, it looks like the Blue Jackets will have to try to get out of the West basement without Carter tonight, according to Aaron Portzline.
Portzline notes that Carter suffered some kind of leg injury in a game against the Calgary Flames on Thursday, but returned later on in that contest.
Any injury – particularly one to a player as crucial as Carter – is a bad thing. Still, the fact that it’s leg-related is especially worrisome since he missed 10 games with a fractured foot earlier this season.
Update: Well, the good news is that it sounds like Carter’s issues aren’t related to that fractured food. Portzline reports that Carter has a sprained ankle, which puts him in the frequently frustrating day-to-day category. He might be available for Tuesday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens, but we’ll have to wait and see.
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 0
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 12
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 10
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)