Dec 2, 2011, 9:18 PM EST
After one of the most miserable starts of the post-lockout era, the Columbus Blue Jackets have been showing a little life lately. Getting top additions Jeff Carter and James Wisniewski back didn’t hurt, while the rise of Curtis Sanford really got things going. Unfortunately, it looks like the Blue Jackets will have to try to get out of the West basement without Carter tonight, according to Aaron Portzline.
Portzline notes that Carter suffered some kind of leg injury in a game against the Calgary Flames on Thursday, but returned later on in that contest.
Any injury – particularly one to a player as crucial as Carter – is a bad thing. Still, the fact that it’s leg-related is especially worrisome since he missed 10 games with a fractured foot earlier this season.
Update: Well, the good news is that it sounds like Carter’s issues aren’t related to that fractured food. Portzline reports that Carter has a sprained ankle, which puts him in the frequently frustrating day-to-day category. He might be available for Tuesday’s game against the Montreal Canadiens, but we’ll have to wait and see.
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 65
- Trade: Capitals land Glencross, Flames get two picks 23
- Flames place Giordano on IR 5
- Flyers keep faint playoff hopes alive with win over Rangers 28
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder 74
- Jagr earns high praise in his Panthers debut 1
- Bruins maintain four-point edge in playoff race, hand Coyotes ninth straight loss 5
- NHL on NBC: Rangers look for a fourth straight win against the Flyers 7
- Ducks score four third-period goals, come back to beat rival Kings 9
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 13
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (146)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)