Dec 2, 2011, 5:22 PM EDT
Kudos to Calgary Flames GM Jay Feaster for staying hip with the times. Responding to the latest round of Jarome Iginla trade rumors, Feaster busted out a fresh new take on people that write web logs, commonly known as ‘bloggers.’
“One of the questions I have is, where do these things start?” Feaster asked. “Are they legitimate sources or is it a blogger in the basement in his underwear that says, ‘This is the rumour du jour’ and you guys feel the need to track it down?”
Feaster then broke into his routine about airline food and how rap music “sounds more like crap music.”
In addition to these comedic stylings, Feaster appeared confused as to the origin of all the Iginla trade rumors.
For a reply, I shall quote the Internet.
Iginla rumors are out there, man. Newspaper. TV. Radio. Internet. Telegraph. They’ve been discussed on every imaginable medium for the past two years — and now they’re everywhere. I’m pretty sure I heard an Iginla trade reference on last night’s episode of The Office, one of the many fine sitcoms on NBC’s award-winning Thursday night lineup.
Look, I get Feaster might’ve been pissed about the latest rumor (that a deal to Montreal was imminent). But I fail to see why this would spark more pointed questioning than Iginla to Los Angeles or Iginla to Dallas, both of which got a ton of play. Maybe Feaster’s just tired of answering the rumors. Maybe he’s upset about losing Mark Giordano. Maybe he’s choked his team is dead last in the Northwest Division and 13th in the West. I dunno.
Whatever the case, he shouldn’t blame the Internet. The Internet is good. It gave us Lolcats.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 0
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 16
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 22
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 37
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 59
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (148)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (99)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)