Dec 2, 2011, 5:22 PM EDT
Kudos to Calgary Flames GM Jay Feaster for staying hip with the times. Responding to the latest round of Jarome Iginla trade rumors, Feaster busted out a fresh new take on people that write web logs, commonly known as ‘bloggers.’
“One of the questions I have is, where do these things start?” Feaster asked. “Are they legitimate sources or is it a blogger in the basement in his underwear that says, ‘This is the rumour du jour’ and you guys feel the need to track it down?”
Feaster then broke into his routine about airline food and how rap music “sounds more like crap music.”
In addition to these comedic stylings, Feaster appeared confused as to the origin of all the Iginla trade rumors.
For a reply, I shall quote the Internet.
Iginla rumors are out there, man. Newspaper. TV. Radio. Internet. Telegraph. They’ve been discussed on every imaginable medium for the past two years — and now they’re everywhere. I’m pretty sure I heard an Iginla trade reference on last night’s episode of The Office, one of the many fine sitcoms on NBC’s award-winning Thursday night lineup.
Look, I get Feaster might’ve been pissed about the latest rumor (that a deal to Montreal was imminent). But I fail to see why this would spark more pointed questioning than Iginla to Los Angeles or Iginla to Dallas, both of which got a ton of play. Maybe Feaster’s just tired of answering the rumors. Maybe he’s upset about losing Mark Giordano. Maybe he’s choked his team is dead last in the Northwest Division and 13th in the West. I dunno.
Whatever the case, he shouldn’t blame the Internet. The Internet is good. It gave us Lolcats.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 17
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5