Dec 2, 2011, 5:22 PM EDT
Kudos to Calgary Flames GM Jay Feaster for staying hip with the times. Responding to the latest round of Jarome Iginla trade rumors, Feaster busted out a fresh new take on people that write web logs, commonly known as ‘bloggers.’
“One of the questions I have is, where do these things start?” Feaster asked. “Are they legitimate sources or is it a blogger in the basement in his underwear that says, ‘This is the rumour du jour’ and you guys feel the need to track it down?”
Feaster then broke into his routine about airline food and how rap music “sounds more like crap music.”
In addition to these comedic stylings, Feaster appeared confused as to the origin of all the Iginla trade rumors.
For a reply, I shall quote the Internet.
Iginla rumors are out there, man. Newspaper. TV. Radio. Internet. Telegraph. They’ve been discussed on every imaginable medium for the past two years — and now they’re everywhere. I’m pretty sure I heard an Iginla trade reference on last night’s episode of The Office, one of the many fine sitcoms on NBC’s award-winning Thursday night lineup.
Look, I get Feaster might’ve been pissed about the latest rumor (that a deal to Montreal was imminent). But I fail to see why this would spark more pointed questioning than Iginla to Los Angeles or Iginla to Dallas, both of which got a ton of play. Maybe Feaster’s just tired of answering the rumors. Maybe he’s upset about losing Mark Giordano. Maybe he’s choked his team is dead last in the Northwest Division and 13th in the West. I dunno.
Whatever the case, he shouldn’t blame the Internet. The Internet is good. It gave us Lolcats.
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 7
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 9
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 17
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 65
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 96
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 20
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 33
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 99
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 38
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (99)
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (96)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (93)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games