Dec 2, 2011, 5:15 PM EST
Eight days ago we passed along the news that injured Habs defenseman Andrei Markov could play Wednesday in Anaheim. Except he didn’t play. And he didn’t play Thursday in San Jose. Nor, it’s being reported, will he play Saturday in Los Angeles.
When exactly will Markov make his long-awaited return to the Montreal lineup? At this point, there’s no definitive answer. After meeting with his doctor in L.A. this week, it was decided his knee needed more time to heal.
The Canadiens (10-11-5) have just two wins in their last seven games and are entering a tough 10-game stretch in which they’ll play Vancouver, Philadelphia, Boston and Chicago.
- Report: Rob Blake would be Brendan Shanahan’s first choice to replace Dave Nonis 3
- Bettman would be ‘kicking and screaming’ before NHL jerseys have ads 14
- Comparing the records of all 30 teams in the last two months 58
- Lightning ride Paquette’s first hat trick to Atlantic lead 8
- Price wins goalie duel vs. Lundqvist as Habs edge Rangers 4
- Leafs’ luck: Bernier gives up long distance goal, things unravel in third 20
- AHL announces new Pacific Division — who could go west next? 36
- Babcock didn’t think Wings would be ‘near where we’re at’ 16
- Brodeur announces retirement, leaves ‘the game with a big smile on my face’ 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks’ ‘dog fight’ continues vs. red hot Ducks 5