Dec 2, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
Eight days ago we passed along the news that injured Habs defenseman Andrei Markov could play Wednesday in Anaheim. Except he didn’t play. And he didn’t play Thursday in San Jose. Nor, it’s being reported, will he play Saturday in Los Angeles.
When exactly will Markov make his long-awaited return to the Montreal lineup? At this point, there’s no definitive answer. After meeting with his doctor in L.A. this week, it was decided his knee needed more time to heal.
The Canadiens (10-11-5) have just two wins in their last seven games and are entering a tough 10-game stretch in which they’ll play Vancouver, Philadelphia, Boston and Chicago.
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 0
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 69
- Detroit stuns favored Bruins with late goal to take Game 1 34
- Crashing Lightning: Montreal crushes Tampa Bay, takes 2-0 series lead 6
- Quenneville gets $25,000 fine for ‘bush-league move’ 12
- NHL looking into Quenneville’s ‘grabby’ gesture from Game 1 41
- Getzlaf to play Game 2, looks awful 20
- Video: PHT Extra — can Detroit exploit Boston’s blueline? 13
- Sharks go on the attack, defeat Kings in Game 1 16
- Avalanche win in OT, complete third-period comeback 63