Dec 2, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
Eight days ago we passed along the news that injured Habs defenseman Andrei Markov could play Wednesday in Anaheim. Except he didn’t play. And he didn’t play Thursday in San Jose. Nor, it’s being reported, will he play Saturday in Los Angeles.
When exactly will Markov make his long-awaited return to the Montreal lineup? At this point, there’s no definitive answer. After meeting with his doctor in L.A. this week, it was decided his knee needed more time to heal.
The Canadiens (10-11-5) have just two wins in their last seven games and are entering a tough 10-game stretch in which they’ll play Vancouver, Philadelphia, Boston and Chicago.
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 27
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 9
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 38
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 40
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 21
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening 54
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 58
- Wilson signs with Preds, leaving just four arbitration cases to go 5
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million 62
- Post expansion, could NHL realign with eight divisions? (138)
- He’s baaaaaack: Leafs pull a stunner, hire Lamoriello as GM (Updated) (84)
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (70)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)