Dec 2, 2011, 5:15 PM EDT
Eight days ago we passed along the news that injured Habs defenseman Andrei Markov could play Wednesday in Anaheim. Except he didn’t play. And he didn’t play Thursday in San Jose. Nor, it’s being reported, will he play Saturday in Los Angeles.
When exactly will Markov make his long-awaited return to the Montreal lineup? At this point, there’s no definitive answer. After meeting with his doctor in L.A. this week, it was decided his knee needed more time to heal.
The Canadiens (10-11-5) have just two wins in their last seven games and are entering a tough 10-game stretch in which they’ll play Vancouver, Philadelphia, Boston and Chicago.
- Green signs with Red Wings — 3 years, $18 million 9
- ‘It’s hard to find players like Phil Kessel’ 14
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 33
- Kassian traded to Habs for Prust; Hodgson signs with Preds 13
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins 121
- Oilers get Sekera for six years, closing in on Letestu 7
- Avalanche sign veteran d-man Beauchemin for three years 6
- Neely was ‘surprised’ that Hamilton didn’t want to sign with Bruins 14
- NHL, Coyotes deny report that team is moving to Vegas 32
- Report: Richards’ border incident involved oxycodone 64
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (121)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad, Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)