Dec 2, 2011, 5:15 PM EST
Eight days ago we passed along the news that injured Habs defenseman Andrei Markov could play Wednesday in Anaheim. Except he didn’t play. And he didn’t play Thursday in San Jose. Nor, it’s being reported, will he play Saturday in Los Angeles.
When exactly will Markov make his long-awaited return to the Montreal lineup? At this point, there’s no definitive answer. After meeting with his doctor in L.A. this week, it was decided his knee needed more time to heal.
The Canadiens (10-11-5) have just two wins in their last seven games and are entering a tough 10-game stretch in which they’ll play Vancouver, Philadelphia, Boston and Chicago.
- Canada enters World Juniors as 11/10 favorite; USA next at 9/4 0
- Devils fire DeBoer 15
- More mumps: Downie and Greiss test positive 2
- Orpik reflects on ‘outside pressure’ in Pittsburgh 16
- Canada tabs Fucale for WJC opener 0
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Ovechkin’s great big year of disappointment 9
- PHT’s top 14 of ’14: Kings win Cup, Martinez the OT hero 0
- Welcome to PHT’s top 14 stories for 2014 0
- Scott suspended four games for punch that was ‘neither predictable, nor acceptable’ 23
- Sharks’ Scott has hearing for his punch to Jackman 30
- Sabres aren’t happy with league’s decision regarding Bartkowski (76)
- Report: NHL won’t hold hearing for Bartkowski hit (55)
- Video: Bartkowski delivers controversial hit to Gionta, fights Foligno (47)
- Could Malkin be the next player to be fined for diving? (43)
- Panthers hold off Penguins for shootout win (42)