Dec 2, 2011, 8:20 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau is making his debut as the Anaheim Ducks coach tonight, but the Philadelphia Flyers are unlikely to give him a friendly welcome. That first game looks to get a little tougher as CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports that Jaromir Jagr and Ilya Bryzgalov will be back in the lineup. (Well, some might say that facing Bryzgalov has been easier than conquering Sergei Bobrovsky lately, but that’s a debate for another time.)
Jagr hopes to make a more successful second comeback from a groin injury while Bryzgalov is fighting off some kind of illness (as well as Bobrovsky’s great play). Brayden Schenn will also play for the Flyers, so it’s clear that Philly will have a different look on Friday.
The personnel involved could set the stage for a high-scoring first game for Boudreau, but hockey don’t always follow the most obvious scripts. Stay tuned for more updates on the health of those players and a look at Boudreau’s first night with the Ducks.
- WATCH LIVE: Philadelphia Flyers at New York Rangers (Game 1) 0
- Report: Hextall ‘in the mix’ for Vancouver GM job 20
- Fuel, meet fire: Torres to return for Sharks-Kings Game 1 10
- FYI: Hartnell and Voracek have black beards now 35
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh 111
- Oshie and Berglund out, Tarasenko in for Blues tonight vs. ‘Hawks 9
- Ducks hold off spirited Stars comeback, take 1-0 series lead 12
- Weise gives Canadiens 1-0 series lead with overtime win 7
- Penguins outlast Blue Jackets, take Game 1 63
- Emery to start Game 1 versus Rangers 79