Dec 2, 2011, 8:20 PM EDT
Bruce Boudreau is making his debut as the Anaheim Ducks coach tonight, but the Philadelphia Flyers are unlikely to give him a friendly welcome. That first game looks to get a little tougher as CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports that Jaromir Jagr and Ilya Bryzgalov will be back in the lineup. (Well, some might say that facing Bryzgalov has been easier than conquering Sergei Bobrovsky lately, but that’s a debate for another time.)
Jagr hopes to make a more successful second comeback from a groin injury while Bryzgalov is fighting off some kind of illness (as well as Bobrovsky’s great play). Brayden Schenn will also play for the Flyers, so it’s clear that Philly will have a different look on Friday.
The personnel involved could set the stage for a high-scoring first game for Boudreau, but hockey don’t always follow the most obvious scripts. Stay tuned for more updates on the health of those players and a look at Boudreau’s first night with the Ducks.
- Blackhawks nearly blow it…but don’t 3
- ‘Hawks rattle Rask with ‘way more traffic’ in Game 4 4
- Discuss: More Seabrook OT magic ties series 29
- Are the Pens leaning towards trading Letang? (Updated) 65
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 24
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 27
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 37
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 61
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 103
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 12