Dec 2, 2011, 12:31 PM EST
So far as good reasons to call a team meeting go, losing at home to the Islanders then getting blown out by the Avalanche ranks right up there.
The New Jersey Devils got together for a little chat today to discuss, among other things, Wednesday’s 6-1 defeat in Denver. Captain Zach Parise was one of the players who shared his thoughts, though he wasn’t willing to divulge exactly what was said.
“There’s definitely a time and a place and I’m not going to preach in the media about what is said and when it’s said – not just me, but from everybody,” Parise said, as reported by The Bergen Record. “Especially after last game, everyone understands it. You guys know me, my personality. But, again, I do feel there’s a time and place for everything. That’s just what goes on in here. That’s internal.”
The Devils were on an 8-3-0 run prior to their current two-game losing streak, so it’s not like a team meeting was long overdue. But with three games remaining on a four-game trip, it was probably best to nip any funk in the bud. New Jersey is in Minnesota tonight, Winnipeg tomorrow and Toronto Tuesday.
“We haven’t been hard to play against the last couple games, the last few games,” Parise said. “And that’s something that at the beginning of the season when we were winning games and playing in control and getting 40 shots, we were on our toes, we were aggressive. I feel like now we’re hesitating a little bit and way too many times last night we would be outnumbering them and they would come out with the puck. Any time there was any kind of competition for the puck, we lost it and that’s why we got beat up pretty good, 6-1.”
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 1
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 18
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 14
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27