Dec 2, 2011, 12:31 PM EST
So far as good reasons to call a team meeting go, losing at home to the Islanders then getting blown out by the Avalanche ranks right up there.
The New Jersey Devils got together for a little chat today to discuss, among other things, Wednesday’s 6-1 defeat in Denver. Captain Zach Parise was one of the players who shared his thoughts, though he wasn’t willing to divulge exactly what was said.
“There’s definitely a time and a place and I’m not going to preach in the media about what is said and when it’s said – not just me, but from everybody,” Parise said, as reported by The Bergen Record. “Especially after last game, everyone understands it. You guys know me, my personality. But, again, I do feel there’s a time and place for everything. That’s just what goes on in here. That’s internal.”
The Devils were on an 8-3-0 run prior to their current two-game losing streak, so it’s not like a team meeting was long overdue. But with three games remaining on a four-game trip, it was probably best to nip any funk in the bud. New Jersey is in Minnesota tonight, Winnipeg tomorrow and Toronto Tuesday.
“We haven’t been hard to play against the last couple games, the last few games,” Parise said. “And that’s something that at the beginning of the season when we were winning games and playing in control and getting 40 shots, we were on our toes, we were aggressive. I feel like now we’re hesitating a little bit and way too many times last night we would be outnumbering them and they would come out with the puck. Any time there was any kind of competition for the puck, we lost it and that’s why we got beat up pretty good, 6-1.”
- Blackhawks aren’t done talking trades, will look to add another forward 2
- Breaking: Flyers trade Kimmo Timonen to Blackhawks 20
- Video: Couture fined $5K for slew-footing Smith 22
- Time to start winning — Bruins’ next four games are against non-playoff teams 17
- Burgled: Sens’ Hammond shuts out Kings 14
- Wild get important win vs. Preds (and some luck, too) 41
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs 66
- Panthers acquire Jagr from Devils 29
- Trotz doesn’t see a ‘big, sexy, difference-maker guy’ on the market 17
- What’s up with the reports of problems in the Blackhawks’ room? 40
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- ‘I don’t know why we’re so comfortable,’ says Toews after loss to Avalanche (69)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trading baggage: Blue Jackets grab Clarkson, send Horton’s contract to Leafs (66)
- Lindros files $3M defamation lawsuit against ex-referee Stewart (Updated: Now $250K) (65)