Dec 1, 2011, 8:30 AM EST
The rumor mill that was going wild over the possibility that the Ducks would trade Bobby Ryan should now be all but over with.
Look at it this way, with the Ducks having lost 16 of their last 19 now after beating Montreal last night, they were in need of a change one way or another. It was viewed that either Randy Carlyle was going to go or a trade was going to happen to shake the team up. With Carlyle out and nice guy Boudreau in, it’d be wise to give Boudreau all the players that are currently in place to see what he can do with it.
With offensive weapons like Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf, Teemu Selanne, and Ryan alike it makes too much sense to see what Boudreau can do with that much talent at his disposal. After all, he seemed to do pretty well in Washington with the guys he had there so why eliminate a 30-goal scorer just for change sake?
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 11
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 29
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 15
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 27
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 11
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 46
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 44
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 14
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 64
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (168)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)