Dec 1, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
The rumor mill that was going wild over the possibility that the Ducks would trade Bobby Ryan should now be all but over with.
Look at it this way, with the Ducks having lost 16 of their last 19 now after beating Montreal last night, they were in need of a change one way or another. It was viewed that either Randy Carlyle was going to go or a trade was going to happen to shake the team up. With Carlyle out and nice guy Boudreau in, it’d be wise to give Boudreau all the players that are currently in place to see what he can do with it.
With offensive weapons like Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf, Teemu Selanne, and Ryan alike it makes too much sense to see what Boudreau can do with that much talent at his disposal. After all, he seemed to do pretty well in Washington with the guys he had there so why eliminate a 30-goal scorer just for change sake?
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 7
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 36
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 14
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)