Dec 1, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
The rumor mill that was going wild over the possibility that the Ducks would trade Bobby Ryan should now be all but over with.
Look at it this way, with the Ducks having lost 16 of their last 19 now after beating Montreal last night, they were in need of a change one way or another. It was viewed that either Randy Carlyle was going to go or a trade was going to happen to shake the team up. With Carlyle out and nice guy Boudreau in, it’d be wise to give Boudreau all the players that are currently in place to see what he can do with it.
With offensive weapons like Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf, Teemu Selanne, and Ryan alike it makes too much sense to see what Boudreau can do with that much talent at his disposal. After all, he seemed to do pretty well in Washington with the guys he had there so why eliminate a 30-goal scorer just for change sake?
- Peverley asked to return to game following ‘cardiac event’ 12
- NHL postpones Blue Jackets-Stars game following Peverley’s collapse 15
- Peverley hospitalized, conscious after collapsing on Stars bench (Update) 11
- Sens’ Ceci won’t return after Weber’s shot lacerates his ear (Update) 7
- Gillis pleads his case: ‘We are enduring a challenging period’ 21
- Nolan gets a game for punching ‘unsuspecting’ Joensuu 32
- It doesn’t sound like 3-on-3 overtime is going to be a thing 38
- Blues finish night on top of NHL standings after shootout win 15
- Kings’ Nolan gets double-minor for punching Oilers’ Joensuu 54
- Extended overtime likely to be on agenda in GMs’ March meeting 42
- Canucks trade Luongo to Panthers (93)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Lightning trade St. Louis to Rangers for Callahan (82)
- Kings make splash, acquire Gaborik from Columbus (72)
- Steve Moore remains shocked, disgusted about Todd Bertuzzi attack (70)
- Report: Flyers table ‘substantial offer’ for Kesler, also inquiring about Edler (59)