Dec 1, 2011, 8:30 AM EDT
The rumor mill that was going wild over the possibility that the Ducks would trade Bobby Ryan should now be all but over with.
Look at it this way, with the Ducks having lost 16 of their last 19 now after beating Montreal last night, they were in need of a change one way or another. It was viewed that either Randy Carlyle was going to go or a trade was going to happen to shake the team up. With Carlyle out and nice guy Boudreau in, it’d be wise to give Boudreau all the players that are currently in place to see what he can do with it.
With offensive weapons like Corey Perry, Ryan Getzlaf, Teemu Selanne, and Ryan alike it makes too much sense to see what Boudreau can do with that much talent at his disposal. After all, he seemed to do pretty well in Washington with the guys he had there so why eliminate a 30-goal scorer just for change sake?
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 25
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 41
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 95
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Desperate Jets will ‘lean on’ their crowd tonight 20
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 16
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (96)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)