Dec 1, 2011, 9:33 AM EDT
Don’t be too surprised if Edmonton’s Ryan Whitney lands on Brendan Shanahan’s radar today. Last night late in the first period, Whitney delivered what looked to be a dirty knee-on-knee hit to Minnesota’s Cal Clutterbuck. Whitney wasn’t given a penalty on the play, meanwhile, Clutterbuck tried to play through the second period but left the ice eight minutes in and did not return.
Michael Russo of the Star Tribune finds out after the game that coach Mike Yeo did not appreciate the play at all. Clutterbuck is listed as having a thigh injury. As for the play, judge for yourself: Dirty or not? It looks pretty bad to us.
- Captain no more: Sharks strip Thornton of ‘C’ 35
- Tank defense: NHL changes up Draft Lottery format 45
- Fanspeak: Clarke voted greatest Flyer in franchise history 32
- Different tune: Moore hasn’t settled with Bertuzzi, says brother 27
- Rangers win Kevin Hayes sweepstakes 25
- Kovalev compares Subban to Leetch, says he isn’t worth the money 50
- Under pressure: Rick Nash 9
- Wang sells Isles to ex-Caps owner Ledecky 41
- Report: MLSE CEO Leiweke to step down (Update: Leiweke denies move) 6
- Report: Bertuzzi-Moore case settled out of court (Update: Bertuzzi’s lawyer confirms) 35