Dec 1, 2011, 9:33 AM EDT
Don’t be too surprised if Edmonton’s Ryan Whitney lands on Brendan Shanahan’s radar today. Last night late in the first period, Whitney delivered what looked to be a dirty knee-on-knee hit to Minnesota’s Cal Clutterbuck. Whitney wasn’t given a penalty on the play, meanwhile, Clutterbuck tried to play through the second period but left the ice eight minutes in and did not return.
Michael Russo of the Star Tribune finds out after the game that coach Mike Yeo did not appreciate the play at all. Clutterbuck is listed as having a thigh injury. As for the play, judge for yourself: Dirty or not? It looks pretty bad to us.
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 6
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 32
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) 107
- WATCH LIVE: Columbus Blue Jackets at Pittsburgh Penguins (Game 2) 4
- Blues come back to stun Blackhawks 4-3 in overtime, take 2-0 series lead 30
- WATCH LIVE: Chicago Blackhawks at St. Louis Blues (Game 2) 4
- Flyers’ Mason out of Game 2, Emery to start again 51
- Lucic fined $5,000 for spearing DeKeyser 77
- Getzlaf powers Ducks to Game 2 victory, 2-0 series lead over Stars 7
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind 115