Dec 1, 2011, 9:33 AM EDT
Don’t be too surprised if Edmonton’s Ryan Whitney lands on Brendan Shanahan’s radar today. Last night late in the first period, Whitney delivered what looked to be a dirty knee-on-knee hit to Minnesota’s Cal Clutterbuck. Whitney wasn’t given a penalty on the play, meanwhile, Clutterbuck tried to play through the second period but left the ice eight minutes in and did not return.
Michael Russo of the Star Tribune finds out after the game that coach Mike Yeo did not appreciate the play at all. Clutterbuck is listed as having a thigh injury. As for the play, judge for yourself: Dirty or not? It looks pretty bad to us.
- Workhorse goalies, forwards from last season 12
- Five interesting players still on UFA market 36
- Trotz will still cheer for Preds ‘like crazy’ 4
- Hextall: Advanced statistics small, but meaningful part of Kings’ success 7
- Hayes sees opportunity with Rangers 27
- Fanspeak: Martin Brodeur named greatest Devil in franchise history 14
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 7
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 22
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 31
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6