Dec 1, 2011, 9:33 AM EST
Don’t be too surprised if Edmonton’s Ryan Whitney lands on Brendan Shanahan’s radar today. Last night late in the first period, Whitney delivered what looked to be a dirty knee-on-knee hit to Minnesota’s Cal Clutterbuck. Whitney wasn’t given a penalty on the play, meanwhile, Clutterbuck tried to play through the second period but left the ice eight minutes in and did not return.
Michael Russo of the Star Tribune finds out after the game that coach Mike Yeo did not appreciate the play at all. Clutterbuck is listed as having a thigh injury. As for the play, judge for yourself: Dirty or not? It looks pretty bad to us.
- Seriously? Stress fracture sidelines Columbus’ Jenner for 1-2 months 1
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 18
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 6
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 14
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 16
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 8
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27