Dec 1, 2011, 12:18 PM EDT
By now you’ve had your fill of hearing about Ryan Miller having a concussion, not having a concussion and voicing his displeasure with everything Lucic. Don’t worry fans, he’ll be back on the ice soon enough.
Mike Harrington of The Buffalo News notes from this morning’s practice that Miller was taking shots and minor league call-up Drew McIntyre was nowhere to be seen. With McIntyre on his way back to Rochester, that leaves Miller and Jhonas Enroth as the only goalies in town.
Getting Miller healthy and back to action is important given Buffalo’s struggles of late. Buffalo’s lost six of its last nine dating back to when Miller was run out of town against Boston. With two of three wins coming against teams that have since fired their coach, you could say Buffalo needs to turn it around.
Easier said than done, however, as the Sabres face the Red Wings tomorrow night at home followed by games in Nashville and at home against Philly.
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 10
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 4
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 33
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 13
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 18
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 6
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 26
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)