Dec 1, 2011, 9:06 AM EST
Twitter can be a fun medium for everyone to use and sometimes you get accidental news out of it.
MSG analyst and former Devils defenseman Ken Daneyko let the cat out of the bag this morning that his old teammate and former Devils head coach John MacLean would be heading to Carolina to become Kirk Muller’s assistant coach.
With that news out of the bag, the Hurricanes confirmed the hiring themselves shortly thereafter.
MacLean was booted as Devils coach last season just 33 games going 9-22-2 and getting the Devils into such a big hole that they couldn’t recover to make the playoffs after a furious rally in the second half of the season. While MacLean had a rough go as a head coach, his record as an assistant in New Jersey was a good one and giving Muller an experienced guy and old teammate in his own right will make life a bit easier for him.
The other side of this is seeing so many guys I grew up watching play becoming coaches is making me feel awfully old. Time to lay down or chase the neighbor kids off the lawn I guess.
- Phaneuf, Cuthbert and Lupul threaten lawsuit after tweet goes to air 0
- Doan: Coyotes rebuild was ‘not my idea, not my ideal situation’ 21
- Video: Kessel says the way Toronto media treats Phaneuf is ‘embarrassing’ 36
- Playoff watch — what the bubble teams need to do 7
- Rutherford: ‘Our guys felt very strongly about reacquiring’ Lovejoy 49
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline 77
- Giordano to have surgery, is ‘done for the season’ 22
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 36
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 16
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 52
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (171)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Winners and losers of the 2015 trade deadline (77)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils (74)