Dec 1, 2011, 9:06 AM EST
Twitter can be a fun medium for everyone to use and sometimes you get accidental news out of it.
MSG analyst and former Devils defenseman Ken Daneyko let the cat out of the bag this morning that his old teammate and former Devils head coach John MacLean would be heading to Carolina to become Kirk Muller’s assistant coach.
With that news out of the bag, the Hurricanes confirmed the hiring themselves shortly thereafter.
MacLean was booted as Devils coach last season just 33 games going 9-22-2 and getting the Devils into such a big hole that they couldn’t recover to make the playoffs after a furious rally in the second half of the season. While MacLean had a rough go as a head coach, his record as an assistant in New Jersey was a good one and giving Muller an experienced guy and old teammate in his own right will make life a bit easier for him.
The other side of this is seeing so many guys I grew up watching play becoming coaches is making me feel awfully old. Time to lay down or chase the neighbor kids off the lawn I guess.
- Struggling Kings complete the comeback against Blackhawks 1
- Video: Tempers boil over between Capitals, Penguins 27
- Isles’ Clutterbuck latest to be fined for diving 18
- No hearing scheduled for Kesler after ‘dirty play’ on Dorsett 22
- Why NHL fans — no matter where they live — should care about the plunging Canadian dollar 32
- Trade: Pens acquire Lapierre from Blues for Goc 63
- Video: Habs’ Emelin ejected for hit on Stars’ Spezza 31
- Martin Brodeur to retire, become Blues asst. GM (Updated) 44
- Mike Richards clears waivers 35
- Game on: Islanders-Rangers to be played despite storm 15