Dec 1, 2011, 9:06 AM EDT
Twitter can be a fun medium for everyone to use and sometimes you get accidental news out of it.
MSG analyst and former Devils defenseman Ken Daneyko let the cat out of the bag this morning that his old teammate and former Devils head coach John MacLean would be heading to Carolina to become Kirk Muller’s assistant coach.
With that news out of the bag, the Hurricanes confirmed the hiring themselves shortly thereafter.
MacLean was booted as Devils coach last season just 33 games going 9-22-2 and getting the Devils into such a big hole that they couldn’t recover to make the playoffs after a furious rally in the second half of the season. While MacLean had a rough go as a head coach, his record as an assistant in New Jersey was a good one and giving Muller an experienced guy and old teammate in his own right will make life a bit easier for him.
The other side of this is seeing so many guys I grew up watching play becoming coaches is making me feel awfully old. Time to lay down or chase the neighbor kids off the lawn I guess.
- Bruins can’t hold Ducks off, suffer sixth loss in a row 12
- Ticket punched: Rangers become first team to clinch 2015 playoff berth 2
- Coyotes ‘win’ against Sabres in OT 20
- Marchand: If Bruins miss playoffs, ‘this is going to be a much different group next year’ 16
- Is Lecavalier offering to retire early to facilitate trade out of Philly? 26
- Hextall insists he’s ‘on the same page’ with Snider 15
- Krejci ‘probable’ to return versus Ducks 10
- Flyers announce Simmonds, MacDonald done for the season with injuries 18
- Video: Flyers crush Blackhawks, Voracek joins league lead in points 11
- Report: Draft Lottery to be held on Apr. 18 14
- Dreger: ‘In Kessel’s case, I firmly believe he’s going to be traded’ (73)
- Red Wings beat Blues in OT, but should winning goal count? (56)
- Tank-worthy? Connor McDavid finishes OHL season with 120 points in 47 games (56)
- Report: No fine or suspension for Tyler Toffoli’s hit on Alex Burrows (51)
- Dubnyk leads Wild past Isles in SO, earns 10th straight road win (44)