Dec 1, 2011, 8:51 PM EDT
Remember the last time the Penguins and Capitals faced one another on the ice? That was the game that Arron Asham dropped the gloves with Caps’ winger Jay Beagle, dropped the Caps forward, and let everyone know that he had just put him to sleep. So when the two teams renewed acquaintances tonight, it wasn’t a question whether Asham would have to answer for his actions—it was a question of how long would it take before he was trading punches with someone his own size.
The answer: not long. It only took John Erskine about five minutes to square off with Asham. The result was a flurry of roundhouse rights from both pugilists.
- Bruins sign three — Hayes, Connolly, and DeFazio 12
- Babcock expects Kadri to be ‘an elite player’ 14
- No expansion bid expected from Kansas City 35
- Leafs sign Matthias — one year, $2.3 million 17
- Report: Kopitar, Kings in ‘early stages of negotiations’ for extension 12
- Arbitration filed: Holtby, Nyquist & Stepan highlight list released by NHLPA 13
- Report: Plotnikov paid $500K to get out of KHL contract 14
- Philadelphia signs ’15 first rounder Provorov 12
- Brandon Saad brings championship experience to Blue Jackets 22
- Sharks sign Joel Ward to three-year deal 25