Dec 1, 2011, 8:51 PM EDT
Remember the last time the Penguins and Capitals faced one another on the ice? That was the game that Arron Asham dropped the gloves with Caps’ winger Jay Beagle, dropped the Caps forward, and let everyone know that he had just put him to sleep. So when the two teams renewed acquaintances tonight, it wasn’t a question whether Asham would have to answer for his actions—it was a question of how long would it take before he was trading punches with someone his own size.
The answer: not long. It only took John Erskine about five minutes to square off with Asham. The result was a flurry of roundhouse rights from both pugilists.
- Devils’ Gomez considered retirement 6
- It’s New Jersey Devils day on PHT 16
- Fanspeak: Bobby Orr named best Bruin in franchise history 25
- Video: Bruins participate in commercials to promote NHL 15 6
- Oilers ink Schultz to one-year deal 2
- It’s Boston Bruins day on PHT 41
- Fanspeak: Dominik Hasek voted greatest Sabre in franchise history 35
- Is Colorado’s rise a fair example of what might happen in Buffalo? 7
- It’s Buffalo Sabres day on PHT 19
- Gomez goes full circle by rejoining Devils on tryout basis 13