Dec 1, 2011, 8:51 PM EST
Remember the last time the Penguins and Capitals faced one another on the ice? That was the game that Arron Asham dropped the gloves with Caps’ winger Jay Beagle, dropped the Caps forward, and let everyone know that he had just put him to sleep. So when the two teams renewed acquaintances tonight, it wasn’t a question whether Asham would have to answer for his actions—it was a question of how long would it take before he was trading punches with someone his own size.
The answer: not long. It only took John Erskine about five minutes to square off with Asham. The result was a flurry of roundhouse rights from both pugilists.
- Julien chides Bruins’ offense for too many cute plays 1
- Sens roll over Ducks, who ‘weren’t ready’ 4
- Flyers’ Mason tweaked back, will miss weekend games 10
- Gordie Howe makes ‘amazing’ recovery following stem cell treatment in Mexico 11
- Video: Penguins’ spoof of ‘Christmas Vacation’ is pretty good 14
- Mason hurt, helped off ice at end of Flyers practice 8
- Could Vermette land in Washington? 7
- Pens confirm Maatta has the mumps 5
- As holiday roster freeze approaches, Bruins linked to Oshie, Kassian 27
- Video: Pacioretty taken to hospital, reportedly no hearing expected for Stoner after questionable hit 35