Dec 1, 2011, 4:29 PM EST
We all remember what happened that night, right?
Beagle (concussion) hasn’t played since being knocked out.
So does Asham think he’ll have to answer the bell tonight when the Penguins take on the Caps at the Verizon Center?
“Not really thinking about it, and I’m sure they’ve got other things on their mind,” Asham said, as per the Washington Post. “But if they decide to send somebody out to fight me, so be it. What happens, happens. Not going to let it affect my game.”
That being said, Asham admits his infamous post-fight routine weighed on him.
“I wasn’t too happy about what I did,” he said. “To be honest, I had a couple of sleepless nights. I was very embarrassed for myself and my team. I don’t do that stuff. I know it’s never going to happen again.”
The Caps have only fought six times – and Asham seems genuinely remorseful – but when you consider their new coach retired with 3,563 PIM, Matt Hendricks might think about dropping the gloves.
- Crosby: If I had to guess Thornton’s suspension, I’d say 10 games 14
- Cowen gets two-game suspension for hit on Girgensons 12
- Rangers must consider Callahan’s injury history in contract talks 12
- The Chip ‘n’ Chase: Outrage over hockey violence, Gary Bettman is a happy man, Darryl Sutter is awesome, and more! 28
- Report: Isles coach Capuano not seen as problem 11
- Rivalry Night on NBCSN: Flyers challenge top-ranked Blackhawks 17
- Update: Ryan Callahan out 4-6 weeks with MCL sprain 15
- Four goals: Ovechkin wills Caps to stunning shootout win vs. Bolts 62
- Bettman: No decision on expansion, but they’re listening 13
- Neal admits kneeing Marchand was ‘not the smartest decision’ 80
- Video: Penguins’ Orpik stretchered off ice; Bruins’ Thornton given match penalty (182)
- Neal suspended five games for kneeing Marchand in the head (156)
- Bruins coach admits Thornton crossed the line, slams Pens for not being ‘truthful’ (138)
- Pens put Orpik on IR (132)
- Orpik suffers from concussion, including memory loss (118)