Dec 1, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
We all remember what happened that night, right?
Beagle (concussion) hasn’t played since being knocked out.
So does Asham think he’ll have to answer the bell tonight when the Penguins take on the Caps at the Verizon Center?
“Not really thinking about it, and I’m sure they’ve got other things on their mind,” Asham said, as per the Washington Post. “But if they decide to send somebody out to fight me, so be it. What happens, happens. Not going to let it affect my game.”
That being said, Asham admits his infamous post-fight routine weighed on him.
“I wasn’t too happy about what I did,” he said. “To be honest, I had a couple of sleepless nights. I was very embarrassed for myself and my team. I don’t do that stuff. I know it’s never going to happen again.”
The Caps have only fought six times – and Asham seems genuinely remorseful – but when you consider their new coach retired with 3,563 PIM, Matt Hendricks might think about dropping the gloves.
- On carrying three goalies, and which teams might be forced to do it 3
- Bettman: NHL won’t expand ‘just to fulfill somebody’s notion of symmetry’ 8
- Report: Johansen lowers demands, but not low enough 32
- Injuries piling up as preseason schedule begins 11
- Report: Fedorov denies contract offer was made to Johansen 8
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers 44
- Update: Drouin out with upper body injury, not expected to miss preseason 1
- Report: NHL officials to participate in preseason without new CBA 1
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 16
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 19
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (65)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Report: Johansen has gotten no shortage of KHL offers (44)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)
- Just how damaging are heated negotiations between Jackets, RFA Johansen? (38)