Dec 1, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
We all remember what happened that night, right?
Beagle (concussion) hasn’t played since being knocked out.
So does Asham think he’ll have to answer the bell tonight when the Penguins take on the Caps at the Verizon Center?
“Not really thinking about it, and I’m sure they’ve got other things on their mind,” Asham said, as per the Washington Post. “But if they decide to send somebody out to fight me, so be it. What happens, happens. Not going to let it affect my game.”
That being said, Asham admits his infamous post-fight routine weighed on him.
“I wasn’t too happy about what I did,” he said. “To be honest, I had a couple of sleepless nights. I was very embarrassed for myself and my team. I don’t do that stuff. I know it’s never going to happen again.”
The Caps have only fought six times – and Asham seems genuinely remorseful – but when you consider their new coach retired with 3,563 PIM, Matt Hendricks might think about dropping the gloves.
- Video: Islanders’ Hickey cut after taking a skate to the face 0
- (Video) McKenzie: NHLPA ‘entirely on board’ with Voynov suspension 1
- If allegations are true, will Kings welcome Voynov back into their ‘special’ group? 27
- Rutherford on Fleury: ‘As long as I’m the GM, he’ll be our goalie’ 15
- Datsyuk will play tonight in Montreal 4
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers take on ‘Hawks in Chicago 8
- Jets’ Maurice apologizes for using the F-bomb at a reporter 30
- Video: Oilers win…? Oilers win! 3
- Bruins’ Miller out indefinitely after dislocating shoulder in fight 29
- Voynov released on $50K bond; NHL says ‘circumstances were different’ in Varlamov case 36
- Source: Lucic fined $5k for gesture vs. Habs (Confirmed) (121)
- Updated: Kings’ Voynov arrested for domestic assault, suspended indefinitely (78)
- Video: Bruins’ Lucic gestures to Habs fans after late penalty (59)
- ‘It’s stupid': Tempers flare after Kesler’s late charge on Granlund (54)
- Lucic apologizes for obscene gesture: ‘I’m obviously not proud of what I did there’ (45)