Dec 1, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
We all remember what happened that night, right?
Beagle (concussion) hasn’t played since being knocked out.
So does Asham think he’ll have to answer the bell tonight when the Penguins take on the Caps at the Verizon Center?
“Not really thinking about it, and I’m sure they’ve got other things on their mind,” Asham said, as per the Washington Post. “But if they decide to send somebody out to fight me, so be it. What happens, happens. Not going to let it affect my game.”
That being said, Asham admits his infamous post-fight routine weighed on him.
“I wasn’t too happy about what I did,” he said. “To be honest, I had a couple of sleepless nights. I was very embarrassed for myself and my team. I don’t do that stuff. I know it’s never going to happen again.”
The Caps have only fought six times – and Asham seems genuinely remorseful – but when you consider their new coach retired with 3,563 PIM, Matt Hendricks might think about dropping the gloves.
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 1
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 8
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 11
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 33
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Gorges still can’t explain falling out of favor in Montreal 13
- Eller, Habs agree to four-year, $14 million contract 10
- Cory Sarich hospitalized following cycling accident, expects ‘full recovery’ 7
- Stamkos shrugs off talk of LeBron-like homecoming to Toronto in 2016 31
- NBC Sports to air over 100 NHL regular-season games in 2014-15 (69)
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Arena deal in jeopardy? Glendale mayor requests investigation into ‘clear violation’ of state law (42)
- Zuccarello takes Rangers’ one year, $3.5M deal (42)