Dec 1, 2011, 4:29 PM EDT
We all remember what happened that night, right?
Beagle (concussion) hasn’t played since being knocked out.
So does Asham think he’ll have to answer the bell tonight when the Penguins take on the Caps at the Verizon Center?
“Not really thinking about it, and I’m sure they’ve got other things on their mind,” Asham said, as per the Washington Post. “But if they decide to send somebody out to fight me, so be it. What happens, happens. Not going to let it affect my game.”
That being said, Asham admits his infamous post-fight routine weighed on him.
“I wasn’t too happy about what I did,” he said. “To be honest, I had a couple of sleepless nights. I was very embarrassed for myself and my team. I don’t do that stuff. I know it’s never going to happen again.”
The Caps have only fought six times – and Asham seems genuinely remorseful – but when you consider their new coach retired with 3,563 PIM, Matt Hendricks might think about dropping the gloves.
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 20
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 54
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting 44
- Penguins sign Fehr to three-year, $6 million contract 22
- Bettman says NHL would have to ‘consider’ putting Quebec City in the Western Conference (71)
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- Rangers sign Stepan — six years, $39 million (62)
- NBC Sports to broadcast 105 NHL games in 2015-16 (58)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)