Nov 30, 2011, 4:10 PM EDT
Okay, really complimentary. He called Seguin a superstar.
Really, Chris? A superstar?
“Yeah, I think so,” Kelly told the Canadian Press. “He’s 19 years old. Most 19-year-old guys are playing junior hockey getting $50 a week. They’re not being a consistent point producer in the NHL on a good hockey team (that) won a Stanley Cup.
“The sky’s the limit for him. I think it’s in his hands how far he wants to go.”
Seguin leads the NHL in plus-minus (plus-19) and is T-20th in scoring with 23 points. While he’s not the youngest player in the top-20 — that distinction goes to Edmonton’s Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, who’s 18 — he might have the most dramatic flair. With less than 100 NHL games to his credit, Seguin has already won Game 7 of a Stanley Cup final, scored six points in his first two playoff games and notched his first career hat trick against Toronto (on Hockey Night in Canada, no less.)
The prospect of “Tyler Seguin, Superstar” is scary for the rest of the NHL. An argument could be made that the Bruins already have the game’s best defenseman (Zdeno Chara) and goaltender (Tim Thomas).
To think they’re fast-tracking the next great forward….yikes.
- In the playoffs, sometimes it comes down to the ‘bounces’ 1
- Now feels like a good time to debate Stamkos’ next contract 15
- Here’s the latest on coaching searches in Buffalo, San Jose and New Jersey 1
- Bishop bounced back in Game 5, but did the Rangers test him enough? 8
- Surging Stamkos: Lightning put Rangers on the brink 19
- Report: Blues will stick with Hitchcock ‘barring anything dramatic’ 16
- WATCH LIVE: Lightning at Rangers, Game 5 of Eastern Conference Final 0
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ 71
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 5
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 66
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- Kesler on wearing down Chicago: ‘No human can withstand that many hits’ (71)