Nov 30, 2011, 4:10 PM EDT
Okay, really complimentary. He called Seguin a superstar.
Really, Chris? A superstar?
“Yeah, I think so,” Kelly told the Canadian Press. “He’s 19 years old. Most 19-year-old guys are playing junior hockey getting $50 a week. They’re not being a consistent point producer in the NHL on a good hockey team (that) won a Stanley Cup.
“The sky’s the limit for him. I think it’s in his hands how far he wants to go.”
Seguin leads the NHL in plus-minus (plus-19) and is T-20th in scoring with 23 points. While he’s not the youngest player in the top-20 — that distinction goes to Edmonton’s Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, who’s 18 — he might have the most dramatic flair. With less than 100 NHL games to his credit, Seguin has already won Game 7 of a Stanley Cup final, scored six points in his first two playoff games and notched his first career hat trick against Toronto (on Hockey Night in Canada, no less.)
The prospect of “Tyler Seguin, Superstar” is scary for the rest of the NHL. An argument could be made that the Bruins already have the game’s best defenseman (Zdeno Chara) and goaltender (Tim Thomas).
To think they’re fast-tracking the next great forward….yikes.
- What does Jack Eichel mean to the Buffalo Sabres? 15
- It’s Buffalo Sabres Day at PHT 26
- Bernier, Leafs agree on two-year, $8.3 million deal 26
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? 62
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal 71
- Report: Canucks, Sutter closing in on five-year deal, north of $20M 28
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs 45
- Report: Bernier and Leafs more than $2 million apart ahead of Friday’s arbitration hearing 12
- Flyers re-sign Couturier: six years, $26 million 41
- Benning calls Sutter a ‘foundation piece’ for Canucks 24
- Voracek turns monster season into massive eight-year deal (71)
- How do Voracek, Giroux compare to the most expensive duos? (62)
- Trade: Penguins send Sutter to Canucks for Bonino, Clendening (54)
- Voynov serving sentence at jail that once advertised it had flat screen TVs (45)
- Here’s a chart that shows which teams have been good/bad at drafting (44)