Nov 30, 2011, 4:10 PM EDT
Okay, really complimentary. He called Seguin a superstar.
Really, Chris? A superstar?
“Yeah, I think so,” Kelly told the Canadian Press. “He’s 19 years old. Most 19-year-old guys are playing junior hockey getting $50 a week. They’re not being a consistent point producer in the NHL on a good hockey team (that) won a Stanley Cup.
“The sky’s the limit for him. I think it’s in his hands how far he wants to go.”
Seguin leads the NHL in plus-minus (plus-19) and is T-20th in scoring with 23 points. While he’s not the youngest player in the top-20 — that distinction goes to Edmonton’s Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, who’s 18 — he might have the most dramatic flair. With less than 100 NHL games to his credit, Seguin has already won Game 7 of a Stanley Cup final, scored six points in his first two playoff games and notched his first career hat trick against Toronto (on Hockey Night in Canada, no less.)
The prospect of “Tyler Seguin, Superstar” is scary for the rest of the NHL. An argument could be made that the Bruins already have the game’s best defenseman (Zdeno Chara) and goaltender (Tim Thomas).
To think they’re fast-tracking the next great forward….yikes.
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 27
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 44
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 91
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 39
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 79
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL