Nov 30, 2011, 12:03 PM EDT
With the talk of Bobby Ryan being apparently shopped around by the Ducks, it only makes sense that we’ll get some wild ideas. Yesterday it was the New York Rangers kicking the tires and today’s hot rumor involves the Buffalo Sabres.
Bucky Gleason of The Buffalo News drops a little bit of curious knowledge on us saying that while Ducks GM Bob Murray was in Buffalo the other night scouting the Sabres, Murray has also called the Sabres about a possible Ryan Miller for Bobby Ryan swap. Hey, if you’re going to make a trade, you might as well go big.
While it’s just idle speculation for now, this rumor plays into what the Edmonton Journal’s Jim Matheson mentioned about Miller being OK with being moved. Matheson said that Miller would be all right with going to the west coast because that’s where his wife is trying to also advance her career in southern California.
Of course, Miller’s already shot down the notion that he’d want to be traded, but if there was anything to these rumors, it’d make for a fascinating discussion. After all, Ryan says he wouldn’t be surprised if he’s sent packing. There’s also the fact that Jonas Hiller is already being paid a ton of money to play goal in Anaheim already.
There’s a ton of salary that would be moving around as well and Miller has a bigger contract than Ryan. For the budget-conscience Ducks that’d make for a harder sell. In all likelihood there’s not much going on here other than GMs talking with each other, but the fantasy GM in all of us can’t get enough of the talk.
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 2
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 7
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 10
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 41
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 89
- Marian Hossa won’t play in Game 3 11
- Report: Flyers, Streit agree to four-year, $21 million deal 37
- Playoffs Tonight: We’re tied going into Boston 9
- Writer: NHL playoffs are ‘annoying’ 79
- Can Heat focus enough to avoid elimination?
- CSN: Bruins' defense never rests in Game 3 win
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- PFT: Freed Johnson wants second chance in NFL
- PBT: Judges rules Iverson did not kidnap children
- PFT: Rodgers says Packers' moves a 'wake-up call'
- PFT: Beckham turned down chance to kick in NFL