Nov 30, 2011, 12:03 PM EDT
With the talk of Bobby Ryan being apparently shopped around by the Ducks, it only makes sense that we’ll get some wild ideas. Yesterday it was the New York Rangers kicking the tires and today’s hot rumor involves the Buffalo Sabres.
Bucky Gleason of The Buffalo News drops a little bit of curious knowledge on us saying that while Ducks GM Bob Murray was in Buffalo the other night scouting the Sabres, Murray has also called the Sabres about a possible Ryan Miller for Bobby Ryan swap. Hey, if you’re going to make a trade, you might as well go big.
While it’s just idle speculation for now, this rumor plays into what the Edmonton Journal’s Jim Matheson mentioned about Miller being OK with being moved. Matheson said that Miller would be all right with going to the west coast because that’s where his wife is trying to also advance her career in southern California.
Of course, Miller’s already shot down the notion that he’d want to be traded, but if there was anything to these rumors, it’d make for a fascinating discussion. After all, Ryan says he wouldn’t be surprised if he’s sent packing. There’s also the fact that Jonas Hiller is already being paid a ton of money to play goal in Anaheim already.
There’s a ton of salary that would be moving around as well and Miller has a bigger contract than Ryan. For the budget-conscience Ducks that’d make for a harder sell. In all likelihood there’s not much going on here other than GMs talking with each other, but the fantasy GM in all of us can’t get enough of the talk.
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 20
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- It’s San Jose Sharks Day at PHT 25
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Quebec City, Vegas advance to final phase of NHL expansion process 50
- Here’s the full NHL 2015 preseason schedule, starting Sept. 20 5