Nov 30, 2011, 3:14 PM EDT
PHT’s Matt Reitz was at Anaheim’s gameday skate in advance of tonight’s Ducks-Habs contest.
Following the skate, he spoke with the subject of the NHL’s hottest trade rumor — Bobby Ryan.
Here’s the transcript.
Ryan [addressing media]: Trades are part of the business. If it happens, it happens.
ProHockeyTalk: Does it weigh on you when you’re trying to prepare?
Ryan: I’m sure it will. It has in the past couple days — it’s been a nightmare. But once you come to the rink and you’re on the ice, you can kind of put all that beside you. You just play. That’s one of the pure things about hockey. Once you’re out there, the game is just a game.
PHT: Have any teammates talked to you about the rumors?
Ryan: Not really. I think everybody is just treading lightly around it and trying not to focus on it. I think everybody is treading lightly in general, because it’s obviously the nature of the game and where we’re at right now and the things that have gone on in the last month. Nobody’s susceptible, everybody can certainly be traded at this time of year.
PHT: Have you spoken with [Ducks GM Bob] Murray?
Ryah: I haven’t, no. Not specifically about it, no not really. Not yet.
- It’s official: Colorado names Roy sixth head coach in franchise history 21
- Couture accuses Kings captain Brown of diving 36
- Three reasons why the Rangers might buy out Richards 21
- Richards made a healthy scratch for Game 4 35
- Don Cherry: Canucks GM Gillis threw coaches ‘under the bus’ 27
- Playoffs Tonight: Bruins know series vs Rangers isn’t over 19
- Sens’ Alfredsson: We probably won’t win this series 20
- Discuss: Penguins overwhelm Senators to take Game 4 76
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting 109
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 21
- Report: NHLPA director Fehr wants to address issue of fighting (109)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (100)
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (99)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (95)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- Tebow fact: He reminds Chuck Norris of Chuck Norris
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- HBT: Astros vendor fired after taking food into bathroom
- PHT: Avs name Hall of Famer Roy as head coach
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful