Nov 30, 2011, 3:14 PM EDT
PHT’s Matt Reitz was at Anaheim’s gameday skate in advance of tonight’s Ducks-Habs contest.
Following the skate, he spoke with the subject of the NHL’s hottest trade rumor — Bobby Ryan.
Here’s the transcript.
Ryan [addressing media]: Trades are part of the business. If it happens, it happens.
ProHockeyTalk: Does it weigh on you when you’re trying to prepare?
Ryan: I’m sure it will. It has in the past couple days — it’s been a nightmare. But once you come to the rink and you’re on the ice, you can kind of put all that beside you. You just play. That’s one of the pure things about hockey. Once you’re out there, the game is just a game.
PHT: Have any teammates talked to you about the rumors?
Ryan: Not really. I think everybody is just treading lightly around it and trying not to focus on it. I think everybody is treading lightly in general, because it’s obviously the nature of the game and where we’re at right now and the things that have gone on in the last month. Nobody’s susceptible, everybody can certainly be traded at this time of year.
PHT: Have you spoken with [Ducks GM Bob] Murray?
Ryah: I haven’t, no. Not specifically about it, no not really. Not yet.
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 4
- Pens’ Rutherford to columnist: ‘You’re a (expletive) jerk’ 24
- Ducks silence Winnipeg’s whiteout crowd with OT win, push Jets to brink of elimination 26
- Video: Wild chase the Blues away to take series lead 42
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead 96
- Video: Jets fans celebrate return of playoff hockey with whiteout in Winnipeg 5
- Would McLellan like to coach McDavid? ‘You can have the best player and still not have the best team’ 23
- Burrows’ instigator suspension rescinded, allowed to play Game 4 24
- No hearing scheduled for Hamhuis after Bennett headshot 13
- Sharks and McLellan have ‘mutually agreed’ to part ways 50
- Of course they did: Oilers win 2015 NHL Draft Lottery, will select first overall (172)
- Stone suffered microfracture on Subban slash, Sens confirm (102)
- Report: Kings’ Stoll arrested for cocaine, MDMA possession (Updated) (99)
- Too little, too late: Rangers stifle Penguins for 2-1 series lead (96)
- Eichel understands Murray’s disappointment, but ‘extreme competitor’ has ‘a lot to offer’ (95)