Nov 30, 2011, 10:51 AM EDT
Say what you will about Paul Maurice’s tenure in Carolina, but one thing you won’t be able to take away from him is his dignity.
Case in point, Maurice left a note on the team whiteboard in the Hurricanes locker room for new head coach Kirk Muller to see. RDS’ Max Morin captured a photo of the message and shared it on Twitter for all to see. Maurice’s message for Muller was simple.
“Kirk, Good luck. Great bunch of guys. The staff is A-1. – Paul Maurice”
Simple, to the point, honest, and completely without bitterness over being fired. No wonder Maurice was hired on two different occasions by the Hurricanes. Never mind that they also fired him twice, but still. A little class goes a long way in this business and stuff like that will keep Maurice in everyone’s good graces.
- Letang concussed, Penguins will dress five defensemen 17
- NHL on NBCSN: Sharks desperate for wins, Penguins seek definitive end to slump 6
- Video: Bolts lose Garrison, Paquette in loss to Wings 4
- Bruins ruin Lundqvist’s return 28
- Video: Letang hospitalized after Doan hit (Update) 48
- Bruins chalk Rask’s absence up to dehydration (Update) 4
- Happy returns: Datsyuk plays for Detroit 2
- Gearing up: Malkin, Hornqvist return for Pens 0
- Five big games to watch this weekend 8
- Video: Kessel, Booth get into altercation at Leafs practice 34