Nov 30, 2011, 10:51 AM EDT
Say what you will about Paul Maurice’s tenure in Carolina, but one thing you won’t be able to take away from him is his dignity.
Case in point, Maurice left a note on the team whiteboard in the Hurricanes locker room for new head coach Kirk Muller to see. RDS’ Max Morin captured a photo of the message and shared it on Twitter for all to see. Maurice’s message for Muller was simple.
“Kirk, Good luck. Great bunch of guys. The staff is A-1. – Paul Maurice”
Simple, to the point, honest, and completely without bitterness over being fired. No wonder Maurice was hired on two different occasions by the Hurricanes. Never mind that they also fired him twice, but still. A little class goes a long way in this business and stuff like that will keep Maurice in everyone’s good graces.
- Evander Kane: I know I can score 50 goals 0
- ‘C’-less Thornton comes out swing against Wilson’s ‘tomorrow team’ talk 8
- Joe Sakic’s now general manager in name too 4
- Update: Giroux out two weeks with lower-body injury 24
- Update: Crosby on ice with Penguins teammates Friday, leaves early 5
- Ouch: Wild reportedly suspend Harding for ‘non-hockey injury’ 28
- Keeping Kuemper: Wild sign goalie to two-year deal reportedly worth $2.5M 15
- Selanne regrets harsh words toward Boudreau 9
- Flyers’ Timonen admits chances of playing are ‘really slim’ 8
- Desjardins (a.k.a. not Torts) makes good first impression on Canucks 28
- Heeeeeere’s Johnny! Davidson shreds Johansen’s agent for ‘baffling, nonsensical’ contract demands (62)
- Chiarelli: At some point, I’m going to have to trade a defenseman (56)
- Jackets reveal Johansen offers — including an eight year, $46M deal (55)
- Will the NHL publicize divers? (48)
- No icing on the PK? The USHL will see how that looks (43)