Nov 30, 2011, 10:51 AM EDT
Say what you will about Paul Maurice’s tenure in Carolina, but one thing you won’t be able to take away from him is his dignity.
Case in point, Maurice left a note on the team whiteboard in the Hurricanes locker room for new head coach Kirk Muller to see. RDS’ Max Morin captured a photo of the message and shared it on Twitter for all to see. Maurice’s message for Muller was simple.
“Kirk, Good luck. Great bunch of guys. The staff is A-1. – Paul Maurice”
Simple, to the point, honest, and completely without bitterness over being fired. No wonder Maurice was hired on two different occasions by the Hurricanes. Never mind that they also fired him twice, but still. A little class goes a long way in this business and stuff like that will keep Maurice in everyone’s good graces.
- Playoffs Tonight: Can ‘Hawks solve Rask? 7
- Sakic: If we keep top pick, we’ll likely draft a forward 6
- Report: Flyers will buy out Briere, Bryzgalov another story (Updated) 31
- Report: Flyers, Ducks talking about Bobby Ryan 54
- Marchand accuses ‘kitty cat’ Shaw of eye gouging 83
- Quenneville says Hossa is ‘likely’ to play Game 4 9
- Datsyuk announces three-year, $22.5 million extension with Red Wings 12
- Bruins go ‘above and beyond’ to take 2-1 series lead 47
- Chicago’s powerless power play — it’s a problem 4
- Discuss: Bruins smother ‘Hawks, take 2-1 series lead 92
- Heat rally to beat Spurs in Game 6
- PBT: After blowing lead, can Spurs rebound in Game 7?
- PST: On-fire Altidore lifts USA over Honduras in WCQ
- CSN: Pats' Hernandez questioned in murder case
- Underseeded? Nadal draws No. 5 at Wimbledon
- CSN: Celtics-Clippers KG, Rivers trade talks dead
- HBT: Mets' Wheeler goes six scoreless in MLB debut