Nov 30, 2011, 3:37 PM EDT
It’s still good to be Alex Ovechkin. The Capitals superstar might be struggling on the ice, but he’s doing just fine off it.
Ovechkin made it official this afternoon via Twitter – he’s dating Russian tennis player Maria Kirilenko.
“Me and my girlfriend Maria….she is my queen!!!!,” Ovechkin tweeted, along with a picture of the two together.
The t-shirt was a nice touch.
Kirilenko, 24, is the WTA’s 28th-ranked singles player. According to her bio, she relaxes by reading books, watching movies, fishing and cooking. Here we see her bashing a two-handed backhand:
And here we see her serving:
She seems nice.
- Video: ‘It’s not the ideal situation,’ says OT hero Vermette of being a healthy scratch 4
- From healthy scratch to hero: Vermette scores OT winner for Blackhawks 35
- Video: Ducks score three goals in 37 seconds to take third-period lead 8
- WATCH LIVE: Ducks at Blackhawks, Western Conference Final Game 4 0
- Cooper on replacing Bishop: ‘That is asinine to me’ 25
- Vermette, Teravainen return for Blackhawks in Game 4 15
- Comeback fit for a King: Lundqvist, Rangers even series in Game 4 24
- Fetisov wants to restrict young Russians from playing in the NHL 53
- All eyes on Lundqvist 11
- Quenneville opted for ‘fresh legs’ by inserting Nordstrom, Versteeg into lineup 12
- Reports: Sabres thought they had a deal with Babcock, aren’t happy (174)
- Leafs land Babcock with reported 8-year deal, estimated at $50 million (130)
- Russia to be punished for ‘completely out of order’ actions after Worlds final loss to Canada (91)
- Report: Sabres negotiating with Babcock (82)
- What’s wrong with Lundqvist? (70)