Nov 30, 2011, 3:37 PM EDT
It’s still good to be Alex Ovechkin. The Capitals superstar might be struggling on the ice, but he’s doing just fine off it.
Ovechkin made it official this afternoon via Twitter – he’s dating Russian tennis player Maria Kirilenko.
“Me and my girlfriend Maria….she is my queen!!!!,” Ovechkin tweeted, along with a picture of the two together.
The t-shirt was a nice touch.
Kirilenko, 24, is the WTA’s 28th-ranked singles player. According to her bio, she relaxes by reading books, watching movies, fishing and cooking. Here we see her bashing a two-handed backhand:
And here we see her serving:
She seems nice.
- Kucherov isn’t going to ‘cry’ about Kronwall hit 9
- Nothing but Kuznetsov: Caps best Isles in Game 7 18
- Not done yet: Lightning earn Game 7 against Red Wings 5
- WATCH LIVE: Tonight’s Stanley Cup Playoff action 0
- Blues owner ‘disappointed and frustrated,’ but not ready to ‘throw people under the bus’ 27
- Despite ‘step in the right direction,’ do Canucks need to alter core? 16
- Report: Developers file intent to build arena in Seattle suburb 76
- Rangers lose Zuccarello indefinitely with suspected concussion 8
- Cooper: Lightning have to ‘suck it up’ and ‘fight through’ Wings’ interference 51
- Here’s your Stanley Cup playoff TV schedule for tonight 13
- It’s Done: Rangers eliminate Penguins in overtime (110)
- Another Blues campaign ends in disappoint as Wild advance (99)
- Bettman under fire after saying ‘Katy Perry’ chant wasn’t sexist (92)
- Friedman: Penguins need to ‘think about’ trading Malkin (89)
- Okposo blasts ‘idiot’ Wilson after physical outing versus Isles (82)