Nov 30, 2011, 3:37 PM EDT
It’s still good to be Alex Ovechkin. The Capitals superstar might be struggling on the ice, but he’s doing just fine off it.
Ovechkin made it official this afternoon via Twitter – he’s dating Russian tennis player Maria Kirilenko.
“Me and my girlfriend Maria….she is my queen!!!!,” Ovechkin tweeted, along with a picture of the two together.
The t-shirt was a nice touch.
Kirilenko, 24, is the WTA’s 28th-ranked singles player. According to her bio, she relaxes by reading books, watching movies, fishing and cooking. Here we see her bashing a two-handed backhand:
And here we see her serving:
She seems nice.
- Gettin’ paid: Gardiner inks five-year, $20.25M extension with Leafs 14
- Report: Trottier to join Sabres’ coaching staff 12
- Blues sign former eighth overall pick Mueller 28
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center 43
- Eric Staal has surgery to repair ‘core muscle injury’ 6
- After not seeing ‘eye-to-eye’ with Carlyle, Reimer will compete for No. 1 gig 16
- Two down, one to go: Wings ink Tatar to three-year, $8.25M deal 12
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal 63
- Subban not eager to discuss contract talks 34
- Leafs re-sign Reimer — two years, $4.6 million 22
- Cashing in: Rangers sign Brassard to five-year, $25 million deal (63)
- Avs and O’Reilly agree on two-year deal, but questions remain (45)
- Trotz plans to let Johansson, Kuznetsov, and Burakovsky compete for time at center (43)
- New Caps regime plans to keep Ovechkin at RW (for now) (42)
- Rangers and Kreider avoid arbitration, agree on two-year deal (39)