Nov 30, 2011, 3:37 PM EST
It’s still good to be Alex Ovechkin. The Capitals superstar might be struggling on the ice, but he’s doing just fine off it.
Ovechkin made it official this afternoon via Twitter – he’s dating Russian tennis player Maria Kirilenko.
“Me and my girlfriend Maria….she is my queen!!!!,” Ovechkin tweeted, along with a picture of the two together.
The t-shirt was a nice touch.
Kirilenko, 24, is the WTA’s 28th-ranked singles player. According to her bio, she relaxes by reading books, watching movies, fishing and cooking. Here we see her bashing a two-handed backhand:
And here we see her serving:
She seems nice.
- Video: Ovechkin becomes sixth fastest player to 400 goals in Caps win 3
- TGIF: Five NHL games to watch this weekend 14
- Assault charges against Varlamov dropped 31
- Carlyle on HBO presence: ‘It’s not normal what we’re living right now’ 5
- Orpik: First days after Thornton attack were ‘miserable’ 69
- Video: Dustin Brown ejected for kneeing, Tomas Hertl won’t return (update) 64
- No supplemental discipline for Caps’ Wilson 32
- Habs healthy scratch Briere for first time this season 7
- Chiarelli says he’s not trading Marchand 21
- Schenn to play tonight; Oates maintains Wilson hit was ‘totally clean’ 54
- Updated: NHL suspends Thornton 15 games for Orpik attack (155)
- Reports: Thornton will appeal 15-game suspension (107)
- Lucic addresses fight video, says he’s ‘disgusted and outraged’ by Vancouver (103)
- Cam Neely questions length of Thornton’s suspension (78)
- Video: Penguins defeat Leafs, Bortuzzo called for illegal hit to head (71)