Nov 30, 2011, 3:37 PM EDT
It’s still good to be Alex Ovechkin. The Capitals superstar might be struggling on the ice, but he’s doing just fine off it.
Ovechkin made it official this afternoon via Twitter – he’s dating Russian tennis player Maria Kirilenko.
“Me and my girlfriend Maria….she is my queen!!!!,” Ovechkin tweeted, along with a picture of the two together.
The t-shirt was a nice touch.
Kirilenko, 24, is the WTA’s 28th-ranked singles player. According to her bio, she relaxes by reading books, watching movies, fishing and cooking. Here we see her bashing a two-handed backhand:
And here we see her serving:
She seems nice.
- Ex-‘Hawks goalie Raanta tees off on former club 31
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls 119
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? 82
- Hall of Famer Al Arbour passes away 22
- Poll: Who will be San Jose’s next captain? 24
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance 95
- Gio won’t go: Flames extend Giordano for six years, $40.5M 13
- Pens’ plan for now: Crosby starts as Kessel’s center 25
- O, Dear: Russia fined $85K for skipping Canadian anthem 31
- Kings ink Ehrhoff to a one-year, $1.5 million deal 27
- Report: Hawks feel Kane ‘disrespected’ team, have received trade calls (119)
- Mike Richards charged with possession of controlled substance (95)
- Hawks’ biggest question: What happens with Patrick Kane? (82)
- Lucic jokes about running through Rask ‘like I did (to) another goalie’ (42)
- It’s Chicago Blackhawks day at PHT (41)