Nov 30, 2011, 9:29 AM EDT
ESPN’s Pierre LeBrun gets the update directly from Miller about what his take is on the potential wont to be traded and as it turns out, he’s totally happy in Buffalo. Miller says he never made any comments on his status in Buffalo and looks forward to winning in Pegulaville with the Sabres.
It seemed unreasonable at best that the Sabres would even entertain the thought of dealing Miller or that Miller would be all right with leaving himself. After all, Miller is the face of the Sabres franchise and while this season and last season were a bit rough, his future is bright with Buffalo.
Then again, it’s not like the Sabres have never traded a franchise goalie before. Old memories of Dominik Hasek die hard like that. For now, once Miller is done getting over his whiplash/concussion situation, he’s got his hands full in helping the Sabres get back into the mix in the East.
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ 32
- Holland doesn’t see Babcock deal by start of season 9
- Risk Factors: Pittsburgh Penguins edition 4
- PHT Morning Skate: Flyers bringing back Ice Girls 15
- Dillon’s agent: Discussions with Stars are ‘frustrating and disappointing’ 7
- NHL shoots down Tkachev’s contract with Edmonton 9
- NHL Board of Governors approves Islanders sale 6
- Johansen, Blue Jackets talks haven’t just resumed, they’re ‘very polite’ 15
- Speedy recovery: Giroux (lower body) to play vs. Rangers tonight 12
- Risk Factors: Boston Bruins edition 13
- Players pushed for coaching fines because they were ‘encouraged’ to dive (34)
- Julien thinks diving crackdown is ‘step in the right direction’ (33)
- Reinhart admits frustration; time running out to make Sabres? (25)
- Canucks waive Markstrom as Shinkaruk, Jensen continue to impress (23)
- Filip Forsberg has scored two thirds of the Preds’ preseason goals (21)