Nov 30, 2011, 11:56 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers keep chugging along at a competitive rate, but they’re a banged up bunch. While they will need to be patient as crucial defenseman Chris Pronger recovers from his latest ailment and James van Riemsdyk deals with his own problems, three noteworthy players could appear in Philly’s Friday game. CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports that Jaromir Jagr, Brayden Schenn and Ilya Bryzgalov might be in the lineup on Dec. 2.
Jagr aggravated a groin injury last week and admitted that he came back too soon. Claude Giroux‘s most frequent partner-in-crime participated in a demanding 90-minute practice on Wednesday and is undergoing some wacky acupuncture techniques to get things back in order.
Bryzgalov told Panaccio that he’s been dealing with a bad cold and probably could have played but didn’t have a problem that Sergei Bobrovsky gained the starts instead. His next start is still up in the air, but with back-to-back games on Friday and Saturday, Bryzgalov should get back in net this weekend.
In the case of Schenn, he’s either been injured (fractured foot), a healthy scratch or even in the minors in his first month-plus as a member of the Flyers organization. Things haven’t been going well for a player who was supposed to be the best takeaway from the Mike Richards trade, but Philly’s injuries could open the door for Schenn to start making an impact as early as Friday.
Stay tuned for updates about Bryzgalov, Jagr and Schenn as the weekend approaches.
- Kings’ Dustin Brown: ‘We got our [expletives] kicked’ 9
- Feeding frenzy: Sharks devour Kings to take 2-0 series lead 19
- Canadiens push Lightning to brink of elimination with 3-2 win 24
- WATCH LIVE: Los Angeles Kings at San Jose Sharks (Game 2) 0
- Bruins handle Red Wings 4-1, tie series 1-1 40
- Flyers overcome two-goal deficit to finally win at MSG 64
- NHL suspends Seabrook three games for charging into Backes 90
- MacKinnon, Avs shine against Wild, take 2-0 series lead 25
- Video: Roenick says MacKinnon is more dominant at 18 than Crosby was 28
- Blue Jackets gain first-ever playoff win, tie series with Penguins 1-1 49
- Video: Seabrook ejected for charging Backes; will face hearing (update) (150)
- Video: Lucic spears DeKeyser from behind (116)
- Flyers want to ‘punish’ McDonagh (113)
- Bad luck strikes twice: Lightning goal waved off, Stamkos takes knee to head (101)
- That’s a raise: Flyers sign MacDonald to six-year, $30 million extension (91)