Nov 30, 2011, 11:56 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers keep chugging along at a competitive rate, but they’re a banged up bunch. While they will need to be patient as crucial defenseman Chris Pronger recovers from his latest ailment and James van Riemsdyk deals with his own problems, three noteworthy players could appear in Philly’s Friday game. CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports that Jaromir Jagr, Brayden Schenn and Ilya Bryzgalov might be in the lineup on Dec. 2.
Jagr aggravated a groin injury last week and admitted that he came back too soon. Claude Giroux‘s most frequent partner-in-crime participated in a demanding 90-minute practice on Wednesday and is undergoing some wacky acupuncture techniques to get things back in order.
Bryzgalov told Panaccio that he’s been dealing with a bad cold and probably could have played but didn’t have a problem that Sergei Bobrovsky gained the starts instead. His next start is still up in the air, but with back-to-back games on Friday and Saturday, Bryzgalov should get back in net this weekend.
In the case of Schenn, he’s either been injured (fractured foot), a healthy scratch or even in the minors in his first month-plus as a member of the Flyers organization. Things haven’t been going well for a player who was supposed to be the best takeaway from the Mike Richards trade, but Philly’s injuries could open the door for Schenn to start making an impact as early as Friday.
Stay tuned for updates about Bryzgalov, Jagr and Schenn as the weekend approaches.
- Trade: Caps acquire Oshie from Blues for Brouwer, Copley and draft pick 68
- Voynov takes plea, gets 90 days in jail plus probation 42
- Curtains on Broadway: Martin St. Louis calls it a career 32
- Discuss: Where’s the best fit for Alex Semin? 22
- Caps landing ‘affordable’ Williams a sign of the new free agency 3
- Shots fired! ‘Canes owner Karmanos rips into Jim Rutherford (Updated) 56
- Here’s who’s left after Day 1 of free agency 30
- PHT’s 2015 free agent frenzy tracker 38
- Getting clutch? Capitals sign Justin Williams for two years, $6.5M 21
- Coyotes bring back Vermette with two-year deal 33
- Blockbuster: Kessel traded to the Penguins (131)
- Trade: Flyers send Rinaldo to Bruins for 2017 third-rounder (105)
- Trade: Jackets land Saad; Anisimov and Dano headed to Chicago (93)
- Bypassing a buyout? Kings terminate Richards’ contract for ‘material breach’ (90)
- Trade: Flames land Dougie Hamilton for package of picks (75)