Nov 30, 2011, 11:56 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers keep chugging along at a competitive rate, but they’re a banged up bunch. While they will need to be patient as crucial defenseman Chris Pronger recovers from his latest ailment and James van Riemsdyk deals with his own problems, three noteworthy players could appear in Philly’s Friday game. CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports that Jaromir Jagr, Brayden Schenn and Ilya Bryzgalov might be in the lineup on Dec. 2.
Jagr aggravated a groin injury last week and admitted that he came back too soon. Claude Giroux‘s most frequent partner-in-crime participated in a demanding 90-minute practice on Wednesday and is undergoing some wacky acupuncture techniques to get things back in order.
Bryzgalov told Panaccio that he’s been dealing with a bad cold and probably could have played but didn’t have a problem that Sergei Bobrovsky gained the starts instead. His next start is still up in the air, but with back-to-back games on Friday and Saturday, Bryzgalov should get back in net this weekend.
In the case of Schenn, he’s either been injured (fractured foot), a healthy scratch or even in the minors in his first month-plus as a member of the Flyers organization. Things haven’t been going well for a player who was supposed to be the best takeaway from the Mike Richards trade, but Philly’s injuries could open the door for Schenn to start making an impact as early as Friday.
Stay tuned for updates about Bryzgalov, Jagr and Schenn as the weekend approaches.
- Sharks players go to bat for McLellan: ‘Why would you get rid of him?’ 0
- Garbutt to have hearing for kneeing Hall 0
- The day before Thanksgiving, six new playoff teams 9
- What they’re saying about St. Louis’ return to Tampa Bay 16
- NHL on NBCSN: Flyers face Red Wings on Rivalry Night 10
- Video: Canucks honor Quinn with “O Danny Boy” 8
- Video: Stars’ Klingberg scores from center ice 4
- Report: Alfredsson retirement to be announced Dec. 4 10
- On the odds of fighting back after Thanksgiving 10
- Why are the Oilers still bad? Look at their drafting 21
- Video: Milan Lucic calls Dalton Prout one-punch ‘gutless’ (99)
- Prout drops Lucic: ‘As far as I was concerned we were engaged in a fight’ (88)
- The Leafs didn’t salute their fans last night, so that’s a thing now (79)
- Jack Johnson filed for bankruptcy, parents allegedly took advantage of him (58)
- Bruins’ Lucic expected to play against Habs after getting one-punched (Updated) (47)