Nov 30, 2011, 11:56 PM EDT
The Philadelphia Flyers keep chugging along at a competitive rate, but they’re a banged up bunch. While they will need to be patient as crucial defenseman Chris Pronger recovers from his latest ailment and James van Riemsdyk deals with his own problems, three noteworthy players could appear in Philly’s Friday game. CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports that Jaromir Jagr, Brayden Schenn and Ilya Bryzgalov might be in the lineup on Dec. 2.
Jagr aggravated a groin injury last week and admitted that he came back too soon. Claude Giroux‘s most frequent partner-in-crime participated in a demanding 90-minute practice on Wednesday and is undergoing some wacky acupuncture techniques to get things back in order.
Bryzgalov told Panaccio that he’s been dealing with a bad cold and probably could have played but didn’t have a problem that Sergei Bobrovsky gained the starts instead. His next start is still up in the air, but with back-to-back games on Friday and Saturday, Bryzgalov should get back in net this weekend.
In the case of Schenn, he’s either been injured (fractured foot), a healthy scratch or even in the minors in his first month-plus as a member of the Flyers organization. Things haven’t been going well for a player who was supposed to be the best takeaway from the Mike Richards trade, but Philly’s injuries could open the door for Schenn to start making an impact as early as Friday.
Stay tuned for updates about Bryzgalov, Jagr and Schenn as the weekend approaches.
- Gillis: Vigneault fired because results weren’t there 2
- Here’s an (updated) list of available NHL coaching candidates 4
- Official: Canucks fire head coach Vigneault, assistants Bowness and Brown 24
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? 86
- Playoffs Tonight: Senators confident they can beat Penguins 35
- Video: Kings denied a goal after quick whistle 29
- Tweet from L.A. Kings Twitter account stirs controversy 60
- Discuss: Sharks take Game 4, even semifinal series against Kings 15
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead 98
- Video: Callahan gets away with high-sticking Chara 31
- Discuss: Bruins rally in third, take 3-0 series lead (98)
- Video: Crosby scores hat trick, hits playoff milestone against Senators (91)
- Discuss: Detroit takes 2-1 series lead vs. Chicago (90)
- Question for commenters: What, if anything, needs to be done about the officiating? (87)
- Bryzgalov thinks Stalin did a good job, wishes Philadelphia wasn’t so old, and believes poor people don’t want to work (80)
- Live Extra: Watch Penguins-Senators, Game 4
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- PBT: Rugged Pacers hope to slow high-flying Heat
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games
- PFT: Crabtree tears achilles, out six months