Nov 30, 2011, 11:56 PM EST
The Philadelphia Flyers keep chugging along at a competitive rate, but they’re a banged up bunch. While they will need to be patient as crucial defenseman Chris Pronger recovers from his latest ailment and James van Riemsdyk deals with his own problems, three noteworthy players could appear in Philly’s Friday game. CSNPhilly.com’s Tim Panaccio reports that Jaromir Jagr, Brayden Schenn and Ilya Bryzgalov might be in the lineup on Dec. 2.
Jagr aggravated a groin injury last week and admitted that he came back too soon. Claude Giroux‘s most frequent partner-in-crime participated in a demanding 90-minute practice on Wednesday and is undergoing some wacky acupuncture techniques to get things back in order.
Bryzgalov told Panaccio that he’s been dealing with a bad cold and probably could have played but didn’t have a problem that Sergei Bobrovsky gained the starts instead. His next start is still up in the air, but with back-to-back games on Friday and Saturday, Bryzgalov should get back in net this weekend.
In the case of Schenn, he’s either been injured (fractured foot), a healthy scratch or even in the minors in his first month-plus as a member of the Flyers organization. Things haven’t been going well for a player who was supposed to be the best takeaway from the Mike Richards trade, but Philly’s injuries could open the door for Schenn to start making an impact as early as Friday.
Stay tuned for updates about Bryzgalov, Jagr and Schenn as the weekend approaches.
- Ducks get their veteran d-man, adding Wisniewski from Columbus 2
- Lovejoy returns to Pittsburgh for Despres 24
- Wild get Stewart as Buffalo-to-Minnesota pipeline continues 37
- Jordan Leopold’s daughter may have orchestrated the Minnesota trade 12
- Wings get Zidlicky from Devils 63
- Can the Wings and Leafs work out a deal for Phaneuf? 45
- PHT’s 2015 NHL Trade Deadline Tracker 15
- Trade: Montreal acquires Petry from Edmonton for two draft picks 21
- Bruins acquire Connolly from the Lightning for draft picks (Confirmed) 32
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder 69
- Wild beat Avs, dying seconds fight set stage for rematch (161)
- Petrovic: Chicago will ‘probably seek revenge’ for Kane injury tonight (82)
- Trade: Blackhawks acquire Vermette from Arizona for Dahlbeck, first rounder (74)
- Report: Alex Petrovic avoids discipline after injuring Patrick Kane (69)
- Trade: Rangers land Yandle, Coyotes receive Duclair, first-rounder (69)